Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Jereme's flies made it to sunny California today. Nice variety and great looking flies. The " mystery swap box" is getting to look better and better, you tyers are going to have a blast looking at the goodies that will be arriving at your doorstep very soon. I think its only fair to notify the fish across the 'good ol U.S.A', that the contents contained in the "mystery box", may be detrimental to their health. At least they would have a chance to hone their cunning skills and elusive techniques. The flies that I have in my possession, so far, must be labeled as "lethal surprises", you tyers should be ashamed of yourself!!

That's enough for today, tune in again, for what will surely be a very interesting and surprising chapter to hopefully get this project to the time the container of flies can be unleashed for the very, select few tyers of this swap.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

fcflyguy

I prefer to wait until I receive all the flies, in case , and I hope not ,there are some no shows. The sooner the flies arrive , the swap can be up and running. I can understand your anxiousness, as I am seeing the quality and variety of flies that have come my way, so far.

With this type of swap, we are not required to tye up a certain pattern, so this an opportunity to dig down deep into our hidden treasures that we have hidden away, and are willing to share with some fellow tyers . This is a great hobby, addiction or whatever we want to label it and swaps definitely are addictive.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

trout traveler

I haven't received your flies yet.

Flies received so far from the following:

1. fcflyguy

2. kerusso

3. jereme

4. host

Once I receive 7 more packages then we are on the road for some fun.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Mystery Box Tyers:

1. fcflyguy - recd. flies

2. kerruso - recd. flies

3. jereme - recd. flies

4. trouttraveler

5. terrylee

6. flymaker

7. wcoutfitter

8. fasterfish

9. aroostookbasser

10. bassturd

11. host

There should be room for 1 more tyer if there is any interest.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

There hasn't been any new flies delivered this week. but one package was returned. Make certain the Space # is included with my address on the envelope, if not the package will be returned to the sender. if you don't have the space #, it is Space 158.

I'm anxiously waiting for some new flies to show up.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Pat I sent my flies out about two weeks ago right after I signed up. You still havent recieved them? If not please send your adress again so I can re mail a new set. Thanks

bassturd- my address has been sent to you, I haven't received

you're flies.

Received flies today from trouttraveler and wcoutfitter, what a

great variety!!! The "mystery box" is really going to be full of

pleasant surprises.

Mystery box tyers:

1. fcflyguy - flies received

2. kerruso - flies received

3. jereme - flies received

4. trouttraveler - flies received

5. wcoutfitter - flies received

6. terrylee

7. flymaker

8. fasterfish

9. aroostookbasser

10. bassturd

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Anxious to get the flies from flymaker and bassturd. I sent messages to the other tyers, but so far, no response. I 'll try again, I hope to have the 'mystery box' , on its way within a week or two.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Received flies today from flymaker today. What a variety of flies!!

I have received replies from fasterfish, terrylee and basstutrd has his flies on the way. Things are going great, hope to have the " mystery box" on its way very shortly, in a week or two.

An example of what I have received so far, some flies over four inches long to a # 26 zebra midge, clousers, simulators, foam flies, hoppers, more midges ,poppers and many other surprises!! , and to think there are more flies coming my way. You tyers are something else, and to think this swap started only five weeks ago!!!

Stay tuned, the fun is about to happen.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll