Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Received flies today from bassturd and fasterfish, awesome flies to add to the package. From the last replies, the last 2 tyers will have their flies sent this week. You tyers have responded well, and what a group of flies to showcase your talents!!

Mystery Swap Roster

1. fcflyguy - flies received

2. kerusso - flies received

3. jereme - flies received

4. trouttraveler - flies received

5. wcoutfitter - flies received

6. flymaker1 - flies received

7. bassturd - flies received

8. fasterfish - flies received

9. terrylee

10. aroostookbasser

11. host

what is the status of this swap? Are we to expect the box to be in rotation soon?

Paul

Paul,

My flies are on the way to Pat as of Wednesday this week. I don't know if I am the last one (it's me or aroostookbasser by last count), but if I am, it ought to be moving soon.

I apologize for being slow :( .

Terry

Received Terrylee's flies today, great looking flies. One more package to go, then its time to showcase the "mystery swap box". The assortment and the quality of the flies is something else. Great job by all, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Received the last package of flies today from aroostookbasser, great job. I plan to have the "mystery box", sent out tomorrow. The box is bursting at the seams with an awesome selection of flies that should more than meet your expectations. Super job to all the tyers. I plan to have the guidelines and mailing sequence to you all very shortly.

fcflyguy will be first in line.

Mailing Sequence

1. fcflyguy

2. kerusso

3. jereme

4. trouttraveler

5. wcoutfitter

6. flymaker

7. bassturd

8. fasterfish

9. terrylee

10. aroostookbasser

11. pcarroll

Flies were sent out this morning. Quite an assortment: midges, streamers, hoppers, poppers , clousers and so on. Smallest fly-#26 midge, largest fly-approx. 5 1/2 inches long!! Be prepared. We got to keep this thing going- with this group of tyers ,it should be a blast.As the flies kept coming, I could see it was gonna be a good one. Thanks to all. I didn't count, but approx. 150 flies!!

Have a good one, now I can get to my upside down tomatoes

Pat Carroll

I got the box today after work in the mail at 4 oclock

I just got done going throught it and put 12 more back in it I put the tape box in a cardboard pority mail box and got it relabled to the next sender KERURSSO at 5 oclock

I will mail the box out tomoorow after work pority with delivery conferfation

when you guys add flys to the box you might want to use foam or tape over the hook so they do not get tangled

THANKS PAT FOR GETTING THIS DONE AND TO ALL THE TYERS

FC

Was surprised the box arrived so quickly, thanks for the quick response of getting it ready for "kerruso". Having the replacement flies tagged and ready is a great help.

Appreciate you rsuggestions about the protection of the hooks, any ideas only make it better.

Next in line after "kerruso", will be "jereme",be perpared.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Pat recieved your letter in the mail.Have evrything ready.Have tied up some new patterns to add.

Also thank you for the e-mail.I appreciate the thoughts.

Thank you

Rick tt

When you get the mailing addresses, check and be certain your address is correct, when mailing, the entire address is needed. In my case, not having the space number added , caused some flies to be returned. The mailing list is attached to the container, also.

I'm really pumped up with this swap, the talent in this group is something else. Hopefully we don't have any delays in moving the "mystery box", quickly to the next person in line.

The box I used is the best that I could come up with, I kept checking around. I didn't want it too big or bulky. If somebody has something better, I certainly have no problems changing. Any ideas to help is more than welcome.

How many cycles we can make is predicated on quick movement to keep the replacement flies moving , and keeping the interest at a high peak. I appreciate the comments, and thanks again to all the tyers.

Pat Carroll

I found a problem with my address but the letter still got to me. If you replace "Santee" with "Santa" in my street name it will be correct.

Thanks,

Terry

Received the flies today. Nice bunch of flies from everyone. I've taken a few and put back another dozen. Box will be mailed tomorrow. I'll post again after the box is dropped off at the Post Office.

Thanks,

Greg