Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

My turn for Pike Flies

I put a ruler at the bottom of the pic but being a clear ruler, that didn't work so well. D'oh! The Red and White rabbit streamer is exactly six inches long. The big Brown headed snake/eel thingy is about 9 inches.

I just made the rabbit strip streamers, but the rest of the flies I had already. I think I'm ready!

post-63-1175191047_thumb.jpg post-63-1175191249_thumb.jpg

Nice looking flies.. i usually just use a slingshot for them big boys an real em back in .. haha .. I think they will do the trick.. they would work here no doubt.. :cheers:

Lookin' good LB, what size rod are you going to be using to toss those?

I'll be using an 8 weight, so it'll be interesting to find out how heavy the big rabbit flies feel when wet. I usually use synthetics for the big stuff 'cause it's easier fling about with abandon. ;)

Nice looking flies.. i usually just use a slingshot for them big boys an real em back in .. haha .. I think they will do the trick.. they would work here no doubt.. :cheers:

Thanks vices!

really nice flies there fella think you may have a job getting the rabbit strips out on an 8wgt its like casting a wet sock and i struggle on a 9 with them in big sizes top flies though

mcfluffchucker

(a cave in scotland)