Fly Tying
Wiets

Looking for a source.

I bu fur from a local taxidermy. He lives in the bad axe area of michigan. Sells me some good fur for cheep. I don't think he has tails though. And he doesn't die anything.

Randy

Look in the phone book for a local rod and gun club. I go out to our gun club when iknow certain seasons are starting adn on sundays when 15 guys bring yoiu 2 or 3 bucktails or the rump of a turkey its a really great feeling.

They only throw the stuff out and so they like to see it go to use. Just make sure you put it in the freezer for a week to kill anything.

Good luck and enjoy your world tour all the best and tight lines.

Another supplier of feathers is Wholesale Event Solutions. They have a large variety of ostrich, peacock, pheasant, etc...

http://www.eventswholesale.com/ostrich-feathers

Sometimes they have access to other types of feathers. Not sure if they have access to bucktails and saddle hackle. You would need to call them.

Since the last post was in 2007 ill bet he took his trip. The original poster was last active in 2010

Always good to know of other suppliers

Good observation flytire...I wish the posted date was in a more noticeable black vs the light gray.

This was the first post by the person who resurrected the thread. Wonder if they have financial interest in the site they linked?

...I wish the posted date was in a more noticeable black vs the light gray.

LOL I have to remind my students all the time ... "You have to lose the 'Playboy' mentality. You have to quit looking at just the pictures, and READ the text!"

Of course, I'll have to change that now that "Playboy" no longer has nudity.