Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

hanging flash

right now i have my flash materials just laying out all over my desk and i want to organize it a little better...any ideas??? i dont want to go buy anything just something i can use to hang em

please help,

sniksoh

Most of all mine flsh materail is held in the middle with a zip ite and I just put the zip tie cord thrugh the holes in the peg board I have on the wall :dunno: :dunno:

FC

I roll peices of paper up and put tape around the outside to make a tube. Slide the flash in the tube, And pull it out the other side when you need it. (Make sure the tube is pretty lose).

the plastic bag it came in, cut a little circle at the bottom just enough to put your bodkin in and grab a few strands... now you have it managed... hang up the bag or stack em.

While you guys are on the subject of flash and storing . Does anyone have same problem as I do with static electricity when using the flashabou ? It seem like every time I pull it out to use it , the stuff goes crazy like a bad hair day, ( back whan I had hair that is :hyst: ) B) steve

Store it with a used dryer sheet. There is near zero static, and if there is any, just a quick pull through a new sheet will get rid of it. I dont store my flash with new sheets, as they leave a residue, but they are handy for quice, once throughs. I also wipe down my vise and hair stackers with a dryer sheet when I work with hair.

If you look to the right of this fly tying desk here is a photo of the tying Flashbou go round my husband made me.post-9988-1177903067_thumb.jpg

Kayak,

That's pretty slick. Good idea. How do you keep your tying area so neat. I'd better never let VEE see this pic.

REE