Fly Tying

Terresterial Swap

Ants that sounds great. Iwill be doing a Hopper pattern as of now but might change. But i will throw in a deer hair beetle for good measures.easy to ty and on those summer days trout luv them.

tt

You guys have inspired me to think outside the box. (I know, that's a very scary thought dry.gif ) I wanted to think of something different for the terrestrial swap instead of following a recipe like I usually do. I was thinking, what kind of bugs do I see around here. My first though was daddy long leg spiders. Then I thought of green lacewings. (I didn't know that's what they were called until I looked them up on the internet) I found this image at http://www.vegedge.umn.edu

user posted image

I decided to try tying one up. Here's the first one submitted for your approval. If it passes I'll tie up some more for the swap. If not, maybe I'll try the spider????

user posted image

I think that I need to work on the eyes a little (or not put them on?) Do they pass?

Tom

Man, that looks great to me, I would be very happy getting that sucker in a swap. What did you use for wings?

john

I was sitting at work the other day and saw a piece of bubble wrap that came as packing materials with something that I had ordered. The bubbles were large, maybe 1-1/2" in diameter. The thin plastic looked like it would make good wing material thus I got out the scissors. After crinkling it up and trimming to shape, it didn't look too bad. So I took the rest of the wrap home. So…it's bubble wrap material. Thin plastic wrap. Maybe sandwich bag material would work too?

Tom

I'm doing a hopper with foam body, ruff grouse tail wing case, bullet shape deer hair, and knotted pheasent tail legs.

Mozes

I`m gonna tie a beetle pattern. Peacock Herl body with black deer hair over it, and then a few cut for legs. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

I'll be tying one of my favorite hopper patterns, Fishy's Hopper.

Great pattern...intorducted to me by a fellow tyer (and a damn good one at that) Rob O'Reilly.

Can't wait to see the rest of the flies!

Cheers,

If no problem, I'll be tying a foam body hopper, also. My flies are completed.

Where will these be sent.

Have a good one.

Pat Carroll

Does anyone want to fill Brother Hubbard's spot in the swap?

tdeyette,

That's one hell of a pattern. thumbsup.gif

I was working on mine over the weekend.

It's basically a black beetle with a mono loop for a dropper, a raffia underwing and foam for the body.

I will be tying a june bug.

I will try to post a pic in the next few days....if I can figure out how?

Force feeder if you would like you are now the fill in so jump on board.looks like we have some nice terr. going.tydeyette that is a nice looking fly.like how realistic it looks.

When you guys are ready just pm me and i will get the address to you.

tt

Almost finished with my Hoppers

Hope you don't mind my own special pattern.

Its simular to other hopper patterns but this combo seams to work best for me

as you know I call it the Big O

user posted image