Fly Tying

saltwater swap

Well with the striped bass weakfish and flounder season coming fast, I was wondering if anyone else needed to fill up their fly boxes with some tastey morsels for the salt. First 12 with an IM in and we can go

1 Bassturd Striper Sniper flat wing done

2 Jereme keel bugger recieved

3billb Neils sparce silverside recieved

4 FCFlyguy tba recieved

5 Paul D E Z body chart clouser recieved

6 Kenneth K sand eel recieved

7 Stevemcn Kwan recieved

8 Worstcaster zip shrimp recieved

9 backcast79 Batman

Count me in. I just got a new book with saltwater patterns. I will figure out which one to tackle and post it up soon.

i was just thinking about getting some saltwater flies gonig. my annual 2-week fishing trip to the FL Keys is the first 2 weeks in June, so i better get going.

this will be my first swap. i'll tie a sand eel.

... k

IF you guys will take me fishing in the salt

Iam in

FC

FC: I've got to put all those salt water Clousers I've been tying to good use -- c'mon up!

Bill

Awesome we are filling up faster than normal Ill give it a few more days to sign up and off we go

The book is not a new release, but it is new to me. The title is Flies for Salwater by Dick Stewart & Farrow Allen. I ordered it just because it is one of the few books with a Pacific saltwater section.

I have only had a chance to quickly thumb through it, but I think I will tye a keel bugger pattern.

The book is not a new release, but it is new to me. The title is Flies for Salwater by Dick Stewart & Farrow Allen. I ordered it just because it is one of the few books with a Pacific saltwater section.

I have only had a chance to quickly thumb through it, but I think I will tye a keel bugger pattern.

Jeremy: That book's a great resource, as is the rest of the "Flies for...." series. My only complaint about it is that they didn't offer any recommendations on hook size, although they did give lengths for the flies in the photos.

Bill