Fly Tying
Ribs1

Forum Slow

Thanks Smallie Hunter.

That's all I need to know.

Have a good one.

Anybody notice an increase in speed since yesterday? I made some changes yesterday and it does seem to be loading much faster on my end.

It still is slow for me, Will.

The slowness of loading is, I imagine, related to too much success, too many people trying to access and a load of information saved and maintained over the years. There are now over 9,000 members. Usually you reach a point where the system is overloaded, and the servers can't maintain the volume as fast as most would like without larger servers.

That's my guess.

Ray

Ray,

Well it is not the server itself but there is a bottleneck somewhere and I am having a hard time finding it. The server reports I get say the server is not under a heavy load and should be serving pages fine. I'm guessing it is on the database side of things but figuring out where it is coming from is not an easy nut to crack.

Anyway, if somebody notices a page that loaded slowly please reply to this topic with the following information. If enough people report I can maybe see a pattern that would help me diagnosis the situation.

What page you were trying to access

How long it took to load(down at the bottom of the page on the right it should show how long it took the page to load).

What time it was when the page loaded slowly.

It was dog a$$ slow for me untill I be-pested de-adware de-spyware and de-fraged my pc............I NEED A FREAKIN MAC!!!!!!! I am seeing one issue the board is showing as invision not ftf. Tff is working fine but ftf is comming through as invision.

This page just took 8 seconds to load. Is that good? on DSL.

her eis the logo on my page Will

post-2608-1184250652_thumb.jpg

33.something something seconds from this topic to the "fly tying" link in the top left hand corner of the page, right under jstockards link..............wow.

and it was at this time