Fly Tying
Silver Bullets

..:::Beginner Fly Swap:::..

Good thinking! I was planning on washing them first but that may not be enough to get the smell out of the plastic. I will try some before mailing any flies in them! Thanks

So now that everyone is in....what is everyone tying? I'm thinking a milking glass bead egg pattern. Sharp little number that I found searching through recipes.

Art

I will be tying Cat's Whisker. I hope to get them tied this weekend and in the mail Monday.

Breaambuster

My flies for the Beginner's Swap are on their way! The guy at the Post Office said they should arrive in Nova Scotia in about a week. The IRC thing was a little bit of a problem here, mainly because no one knew anything about them, except were they were in the Post Office. The clerk got out a great big book and started reading and reading and reading. He finally decided that the best thing to do would be to send two of the IRCs in the package. The cost $1.75 each & so that was $3.50. Most postage to get them to Canada was $1.10. So hopefully I have enclosed enough for return postage.

Silver Bullets, if I owe you any extra, let me know.

I sent five of the Cat's Whisker pattern. Hope everyone enjoys them and mostly I hope that everyone catches fish on them. It's a real simple tie. I don't think anyone would need any help figuring it out, but I will be glad to answer any questions anyone has about it.

Take it easy

Breambuster

I hear ya Hunter on that one! I've been kinda slepping here at the wheel as well. Work has just been brutual the past couple of weeks and its all that I can do to find the time and energy to tie. Maybe I'll get a rain day this week and get this going, if not then I'll just have to sit down and get it done.

Art

Will get mine in the mail ASAP!! Sorry for the delay, found out the other day that my wife and I are expecting our first on the 20th of Jan!! talk about chaos: school is winding down, we have a new front yard being delivered Thursday, my teaching assignment will change next year, Kate may be in the line of fire due to budget cuts...... So much to do, so little time!! I WILL get the flies sent!!

Hey Hunter, congrats on the little one! I remember what it's like to get that news. Our fourth and youngest graduates from high school this Friday night.

Thanks, Silver Bullets, for the kind words on the ties.

Breambuster

hey finally done my lfies need a address to send them I iwll mail them priority post so you get them in a day or so, so am just waiting for a address now sorry on the delay my work sched changed and had to go 8 midnites shifts in a row so slept my days away any excuses excuses I now me James bugeyes.gif

P.S. congrats on the news

Life can be cruel sometimes.... Found out today that Kate had a miscarriage. Dealing with that is my first priority, but I WILL get my flies in the mail in the next couple of days! I made a commitment and I plan to go through with, allbeit a little delayed. I need to get the flies in the mail, it will help me to focus and not go down the dark path of "what could have been.... and why????" I know that everyone involved would say that it is OK not to send them, that I need to take care of us.... But part of taking care of us is me taking care of what I said that I would contribute!! Flies will be in the mail by Thursday! Thanks for understanding the delay......

Kurt