Fly Tying
pepofly

World Tuscany Open

Good Day,

Thanks Mike! Yup - got 6th in the fishable sardine pattern - but don't ask about the realistic. Not my best effort as I had to hurry it as i was moving... next time though!

post-295-1191186780_thumb.jpg

post-295-1191187014_thumb.jpg

Steelie

this foto is the secon placed in wto for ECDYONURUS VENOSUS SPINNER MALE .

i'm sorry for my english....... :)

wto classification on www.moscaclubaltotevere.it

Have fun

post-2298-1191220305_thumb.jpg

Hi pepofly,

That sure is a beautiful mayfly, very elegant looking, and superbly tied.

Thanks for sharing the photos!!!

Graham

Good Day,

Well - it kind of depends on the level or reality the tyer wishes to impart upon their creation. The fly I tied above, mayfly, was maybe an hour at most. Had to wait for things to dry...

On the other hand there are fly tyers out there who spend up to 200 hours tying a single fly. You heard me right - 200 hours! You may have even heard a few of their names. Folks like Bill Logan, Bob Mead, Paul Whillock and so on.

Steelie

steelie...Congrates on the upcoming wedding!

Your minnow/baitfish submission is very good. Love the colors...Have you fished with one yet?

Later...

Good Day,

Thanks Sully!

I have not had a chance to fish one yet. Maybe, if my shoulders can take it, I will try when I go to Captiva Island Florida... hehe

Steelie

Hi guys,

I wish to thank all partecipants at the WTO2, I'm sorry for the delay of this post but I was really busy the next months. What to say?? kepping in my hands flies from some friends of this forum was really amazing.

Me and all other jurors had an hard time in voting all flies, we are happy for the level of all partecipants.

We recived flies from all the world (USA, Australia, Russia, Argentina, and all Europe), and was really amazing to see people like AK Best, Al Caucci (or all the other jurors) who spent their entire life in fly fishing, during the meeting we had, to decide a common line for judging the flies.

We started in the morning at 8 and finished at 23 pm!!!

I really don't know at the moment if we'll find resouces for wto3, but I promise you that if in 2009 we'll decide to do it you'll be the first forum informed of it.

many thanks to all partecipants,

Federico