Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Juho_

The Beuchon

Hey!

I tied my second Classic salmonfly few days a go and it turned quite nice after some difficult problems, i had..

IPB Image

I (hopefully) will try harder on the next fly with the tag and the tail... Yep, i know those are pretty ugly.. :unsure: And the crest's are not so good, hopefully i will have some money in days to buy a new Golden pheasents head... :)

BTW: At first i was a bit scared to write overhere, becouse my english isin't so good but we'll see.. :D

-Juho Kupsala-

Juho

Very nice fly! Especially if it's only your second full-dress salmon fly. By the way, is that blue chatterer substitute in the tail?

Juho

Your flies are awesome. And your photographs are excellent. I only wish I could read Finnish. I can't even make out half the ingredients in the recipes.

Did you tye all those flies? I recognized some of the patterns. Are the others scandinavian in origin? Or are they your designs? I am impressed by their sparse elegance (I especially admire the simplicity of Yo Syoppo). What fish are they intended for? Salmon? Sea-run trout?

VERY NICE!! great flies and great work.

Your english is fine, better than most of my neighbors!

Hey again!

It's a bit odd to read your post in morning.. Time surely is different over there.. Usually i write this time a day when i come home from school. :)

Thank's buddy's!

Rockworm:

Yes, all the flies in that link to "perhorasia" (=Flybox) are mine.

Most of the receipes are my own design, but there are still many known receipes also. Some from scandinavia some from other countries..

If you want to get some flys receipe, send me some PM. ;) Maybe i can help...

In my Perhorasia's profile is all kind of flies.. Dry flys, sinking flys, salmon flys aso...

Usually i fish grayling, trout, perch and pike, but few times in summer i travel a little for salmon.. Still waiting for the first one.. :rolleyes: No hurry, i have ten's of years... :yahoo:

So i am just fifteen and tied a bit over a year, so the flies can look that way..

You can't understand most of the receipes, right? Few quicktips below..

http://www.ilmainensanakirja.fi/trans?Q2=&...lainen&P=36

JSzymczyk: Okay, but does your neighbours even talk? :lol: ..just joking..

At Finnish=At English

Sininen=Blue

Punainen=Red

Keltainen=Yellow

Vihreä=Green

Musta=Black

Valkoinen=White

Violetti=Purple

Oranssi=Orange

Ruskea=Brown

Hopea=Silver

Kulta=Gold

Hanhi=Goose

Kalkkuna=Turkey

Viidakkokukko=Junglecock

Kukko=Cock

Silkki=Silk/Floss

Villa=Wool

Orava=Squirrel

Siivet=Wings

Hela=Tag

Perä or jatke=Floss over the tag

Pyrstö=Tail

Vyö=Butt

Runko/Ruumis=Body

Kierre=Ribbing

Runkohäkilä=Bodyhackle

Häkilä or Kurkku=Throath

Pää=Head

Posket=Cheeks

Sivut=Sides

Sarvet=Horns

Koukku=Hook

Lanka=Thread

-Juho-

Juho, your flies are quite nice and job well done on this classic. looking forward to seeing more from you soon. you can post to the classic and artistic page also, again, great tie, Bud

Juho

Thanks for the translations. Let me see how well I can convert a few of your recipes into English before I start asking you to do the work. As I said before, your tying looks good and I really like your style. Keep up the good work! I hope you are entering some of your flies in Hatch's tying contests.

Juho

Thanks for the translations. Let me see how well I can convert a few of your recipes into English before I start asking you to do the work. As I said before, your tying looks good and I really like your style. Keep up the good work! I hope you are entering some of your flies in Hatch's tying contests.

No problem mate! I will post some new flies for sure..

Hatch's tying contest?? I have noticed that FTF-competision and deadline has already gone pass me.. :( But do you mean another competision?? It would be awsome to tie into a contest! :D

-Juho-

deadline is not passed yet. it's october 31 thats coming up. you have 25 or so days before the entry deadline, Bud

Haha, i was living the wrong month!! :hyst: But yeah.. I'll try to tie something nice, witch would be worth to send to the FTF-competision..