Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pheasantail

First nymph fly box

Hello, i just finished filling my first "searching" nymph box earlier today, just looking for some ffedback or other pattern suggestions...i know the photo's not that great but any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

-Graeme

post-12835-1195160577_thumb.jpg

post-12835-1195160599_thumb.jpg

That looks like a go to box to me. A really good selection. Depending on where your fishing, you might want a few more stonefly nymphs. I know if it were mine, there would be some more stones. My favorite two nymph searching system would be a stone fly and a hare's ear. Good looking box of nymphs. Some suggestions:

Winter flies: brassy nymphs and midge pupae. Small stones, but your little black nymph should do.

Summer nymphs: Some scudds and cress bugs (if you have vegetation in the waters you fish.) Serendipity nymphs

PT how long have you been tying flies? I thought I saw a post that you are new at it. If so that box is even more impressive! Very nice!!!! :yahoo:

WOW great work for a new tyer! it looks like you have mastered quite a few patterns!!!