Fly Tying
steelie

Mustad Scandinavian Open

Good Day,

Cool! And good Luck!

Two original patterns for me. One for saltwater and one in the dry fly category.

Steelie

I have a friend, Mike George, who does some of the best deer hair you have ever seen, who is entering. I don't know when the entries have to be in, but it seems like he said his was long gone already.

Mike has won his division for the last four or five years. I've tried getting him on FTF, but he doesn't spend much time on the computer.

Ray

Saltwater is all i had time for this year......I did get a email that said as long as fly is received by Feb 20th that they would be inthe competition.........whew lucky for me since I was pretty ill the last few weeks so that kinda slowed me down..................Good Luck to you guys...

Mike :D

Good Day,

Wow! Fast! So I put the flies in the mail on the 30th. I know they didn't get picked up till the 31st. Here it is the 6th of February... so about one week. And what do I get today? An email confirming the received my flies! Talk about fast! I sent via regular air mail from Michigan to Norway!

The judging is supposed to occur on the 1st and 2nd of March. So we should probably know something in just over three weeks!

Steelie

so then mine sohould be there in the next couple days too.......

Steelie are you in the british competition too????

Good Day,

mnorton - I have not yet decided. But I better act soon as the deadline is February 22! I think the thing holding me back a bit is the 10 pound fee per fly entered. Which equates to something like $15 per fly or something. I will make my descision in the next day or two. And if I do enter - I probaly will send a dry fly and a saltwater pattern.

Steelie

Good Day,

The judging occurred last weekend (first weekend of March) and I kind of wonder when the results will be announced! Haha...

Steelie

Good luck guys!

Wow! $15 to submit a fly....Is Norm Norlander running it by any chance? :lol: He's in town so it just feels so right :devil:

Brent

Good Day,

Hahaha... I do not think he is involved in any way with this one. The MSO only costs your fly and postage. The British fly competition on the other hand is in the neigbourhood of $15 - $20 per fly! I do not think I will ever understand this concept of charging such exorbitant fees for entry into a fly tying competition. They all should take a lesson fron our very own Will Mullis (nominated for sainthood) and the MSO!

Steelie

Word! Will has his man card :headbang:

The British fly competition on the other hand is in the neigbourhood of $15 - $20 per fly!

That's like taking away my beer funds :nono: The only fly They will ever see from me has a zipper attached to it :lol:

Norm is not there this year. He has a Sub doing His dirty work.