Fly Tying
stony

Decent Travel Vise

I am in the market for setting up a travel tying kit. I have found the case I want and now I need to find a good vise.

I obviously am looking for a true rotary with a pedestal. I was looking at a Regal. Anybody else have any advise?

I travel a bunch and usually have either one of two Dyna-Kings with me. I have the Trekker that is true rotary and I also have a Voyager 2 that has a rotational body. Both are great vises. Once in a great while I also carry a King-Fisher with me. Not a rotary but still a great vise. Obviously I'm a major Dyna-King fan. They are great vises and their customer service .. if needed which for me has been very rare .. is top notch. Great folks and a great company. :clapping: :thumbup:

Mike

renzetti "traveler" maybe

I love mine, but upgraded to the presentation 2000, it is litereally better than sliced bread

I like the renzetti's and both vises travel well for me

I don't vacation travel as much as I move alot, 4 states and 6 addresses in the last 10 months

and I drive a jeep wrangler that all my possesions fit into, and by cubic footage over half is tying crap both vises are great at setting up whenever and where ever I may be resdiding even at stramside

good luck and sorry about my spelling

PAuly

I ended up going with the Dyna King Kingfisher. Got a decent deal on it and I thought it would work just fine for a traveler.

Good choice with the Kingfisher. I have the Squire and being fairly small works just great as a travel vice. Superb jaws as well.