Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Question about an On-Line Fly Tying Material Dealer

Have any of you guys purchased any materials from a website called Blue Ribbon Flies? I have been thinking about buying some of their soft hackle materials, but figured I'd ask around before I did. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me on their service, quality.

Here is a shortcut link to their site:

http://blueribbonflies.com/merchandise/index.shtml

Ray, Craig Mathews is one of the classiest guys you could ever deal with or meet. Wonderful through the site and helpful on the phone. Make sure when you order from them you get some of the zlon (in mayfly and caddis colors) as well as some xcaddis and sparkle dun hair patches ;) Just keep in mind where they are at...if they are snowed in then so is your order.

I have been in the shop, and mail ordered from them for years. Excellent place.

Sign up for their online newsletter Ray....they usually feature a fly and a fly tying material as well fishing reports. They are always coming up with great fly designs. Mike is right...they have the world's supply of Zelon and they are the most selective of anyone when it comes to different types of deer hair.

Quite simply....they rock! :headbang:

Excellent shop and a great guy! If you get into their shop in West Yellowstone you'll feel like a kid in a candystore with their fur patches and stuff!

Best shop in west yellowstone; nice people and lots of bins to rummage through. However, I would not buy any hides, skins, or hackle online b/c you can't be picky about tips, color, hackle length, etc.

:headbang: :headbang: Craig Mathews is 1st class. Materials always first class. Can't go wrong! I have been buying from them for many years. joel :yahoo:

Mike (Redwings1) - I just place an order for some soft hackle materials from Blue Ribbon Flies. I got to speak directly with Craig Mathews, and your right about him being a nice guy. He was very helpful with all of my questions and was full of good information. I can't wait to get my order (hopefully sometime next week). :yahoo: