Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingtaz

flies for the road

ok here's my situation. I drive mostly the midwest, and quite abit through mt, n/s.d, co, and ut. I thought about tying up some wooleys, hare ear nymphs, royal coachmens, and some hoppers. any other patterns that might do great Im forgetting??

and ut.

Sow bugs are good, as well as green drakes, griffiths gnats are good as well as the above mentioned for Utah.

Brian

Goofus bugs, and Elk Hair Caddis would be good, and PMDs are found all over the west, all summer. Tie the PMDs in size 16 with bodies ranging from olive to tan.

Stone fly nymphs for western rivers in black and brown. Tie in sizes 4 6 8 and 10. Stoneflies take up to 4 years to fully mature and hatch, so there are alway smaller nymphs in the rivers even after the hatches occur.

Gotta tie pheasant tails in sizes 12 through 20 with and without beadheads. Its a near enough patterns for most areas where there are Eferemellas present.

Hair wing Adams, with gray green and tan bodies will work. The some of these in parachute styles. I like the hariwing Adams better than most for a searching dry.