Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

Beautiful sunset

I was in the kitchen tonight with the wife talking about the day and how smoky it has been from the fires. As I glanced passed her I caught a glimps of the sun. I ran and got my camera and took a few pictures. These are all from on base, no color correction, no work on the photo other than converting from raw. The sun was beautiful, but the air was and still is deadly.

The Commander even issued a statement to everyone "if you are not doing mission essential work, you need to get in a building now until released. The smoke here is so bad that at times you can not see 100 yards. The closest fire to us is about 40 miles away, and the smoke is still deadly. Anyway, hope you guys like the pictures.

Ashby

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

That is crazy Ashby! Thanks for sharing the photos. You can really see how much smoke is out that way. I also like the lead shot. Nice work.

I like the contrast that seems to be added to the trees. cool shots stay safe!

Glad you guys like the pics, though not ideal for living in, I'll make the best of it. They are saying that breathing this air right now is worse than smoking over a pack of smokes a day, and it damages immediately.

Hey Matt, thanks for bringing that up. I forgot to mention that in the post. I did add some contrast in to make the trees stand out a little. They were pretty smoke filled, so I figured the needed a little help. Thanks again guys.

Ashby

That smoke had a really cool effect on these shots..Nice ones Ashby..