Fly Tying
British mike

The fly you fish with confidence

Just like the American express card,,,,,,,a psycho prince/or reg prince nymph. don't leave home without it! also I can't pick just one but always carry a large array of dry/wet caddis patterns. I live in northern California and there are mayflies about but as far as I am concerned 70-80 % of the entomological activity I observe both under and on the surface of the water is caddis flies. Man I know that last statement is openin up a can of worms!

after this year,i would have to say a foam ant,with realistic legs made by harline dubbing.Spanked the trout on em this year,but,my first ten years as a fly fisherman it was the wooly bugger,now,i feel i am cheeting for some reason when i use this fly,but it has become my sons go to fly now,he;s 11.He caught a 5 and half pound rainbow on one of my woolys this year.I use to tie a wooly on ,when wading up stream,to another spot,and let it drift behind me,caught probably 100 trout just by accident this way ,my .02 cents

shane :yahoo: