Fly Tying
Futzer

Ok, time to break the User online Record

T minus 29 minutes, gang, I am a little nervous, maybe the steelheaders are on the fall water. We'll see what happens, but anyone here at the hour is a true FTF super user.

Cheers, Futzer.

I hope we can do it weve only got 20 people on

I know Brian, sometimes you just have to be prepared to be dissapointed, but don't ever let that stop you from doing something you want to. How is the Egg tying coming?

Jeff.

I know Brian, sometimes you just have to be prepared to be dissapointed, but don't ever let that stop you from doing something you want to. How is the Egg tying coming?

Jeff.

Pretty goo already got six on the mornin and can pretty much make them pretty round just have to use a little zap a gap here and there to keep them from spinning around the shank :headbang:

Try some 6/0 thread and when you do the 3 wraps over the yarn, really crank on the tension. then do one wrap behind all the yarn and one in front. Then whip finish.

Good man, Jeff

Well, we'll give it a few more minutes, but I guess it is just too good a fall day to be out fishing. Thanks to those that played along, and we will try this again sometime, say late Janurary maybe. When more of us are snowed in around the fire, tying.

Cheers, Futzer. and don't forget to check out Day5's warmwater bug dvd, and the prerelease sale on now.

http://www.day5flies.com/WWSDVD.htm

Well, we'll give it a few more minutes, but I guess it is just too good a fall day to be out fishing. Thanks to those that played along, and we will try this again sometime, say late Janurary maybe. When more of us are snowed in around the fire, tying.

Cheers, Futzer. and don't forget to check out Day5's warmwater bug dvd, and the prerelease sale on now.

Its cold windy snowy and rainy here say some precipitation form not hail but its doin it

Its cold windy snowy and rainy here say some precipitation form not hail but its doin it

Sounds like a perfect day to tie, then, is your flu getting better? Jeff

Bummer, take care of yourself, there are glo eggs to be fished. Jeff

Jeff.

Pretty goo already got six on the mornin and can pretty much make them pretty round just have to use a little zap a gap here and there to keep them from spinning around the shank :headbang:

Make a tighter base on the hook shank from the eye to the bend. Use very strong thread utc 280 d or guiderbrog "g" if you can find it. Pull hard. zapagap can make the egg hard. use head cement it tends to soak in to the core better. Making for a softer egg. Maybe Ill do a video this weekend.

Jeff.

Make a tighter base on the hook shank from the eye to the bend. Use very strong thread utc 280 d or guiderbrog "g" if you can find it. Pull hard. zapagap can make the egg hard. use head cement it tends to soak in to the core better. Making for a softer egg. Maybe Ill do a video this weekend.

Brian would really appreciate it, as would I. He is really interested in learning to tie good egg patterns.

Cheers Futzer.

Got you seven more eggs tied so Ive almost got a dozen. They're the bigger ones but I should get your package today and ill tie another dozen with smaller hooks. I also tied you an olive hares ear because those catch me alot of fish and so do the fire orange ones :bugeyes: