Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
uffepuffe

Another stone

They just keep on get better and better. it looks like its ready to fly away :D

Stunning tie Ulf.

Regards Claudia

Hey Ulf,

I like it a lot....would you mind telling me what you use for the wings? I would also like to know how you make the legs. I make them on steel wire but as small as this I don't think that would work so that makes me curious.

Greets Paul.

Hi Ulf, I am going to be lax this time,

your stoneflie is not another stoneflie, it is a really great one. I like of course those wings and the flie in general, but... I think you have been a little lazy with anthenae and eyes.

You know, this is just to put a little peassure on your vise, LOL,LOL.

Andrés T.

I think you are absolutly right Andrés, a usual fault of mine, I get to close to finish the fly so I go the easy way out, LOL!

I think that I really needed that kind of constructive critisism, thank you very much Andrés I really appreciate it and will stay focused for the entire fly the next time!

Btw, for those who asked about the wings; they are made from scribbing a thin plastic film called "Dream foil" this is then coloured with markers and quickly whiped clean to leave colours only in the "veins", pretty much like Graham Owen does his wings! After that I add a doubled varnished swiss straw for underwing.

Ulf

Great tie Ulf. I like how you photo them . By placing them on your hand with the hook between your fingers hides the hook and shows the scale of the fly.

Fred

Thanks Thom and Fred!

Fred, I have come to realize that it might be important to put a fly in some kind of perspective on it's size. Sometimes you can see a fly and think that it looked a little sloppy, but when you see the same fly places on a fingernail and realize it's a size 32 you will be amazed about it. The same thing around, a fly might look great with nice clear detail but it might not show that it's bigger than the tiers entire hand!

I have seen some tyers place a coin beside their flies, and also sometime it will be enough to just take the photo of the fly when it's sitting in the vise to see the relative size of it.

Cheers!

Ulf

Hi Ulf, let me apology for my words my friend.

I have been looking at Isoperla grammatica photos and your fly is a PIECE OF ART!.

Andrés T.

Please don't appologize Andrés there is no need to! I thought you gave me good creative feedback and I also agreed with it!

But thanks alot my friend!!! :)