Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
.Steve

Post your "work" area

I know I'm knew to this board, but I'm not new to online forums. I tried looking through the different sub-forums but didn't see anything for posting pictures of your "work" area. Just curious as to see some of your guy's organization, because mine is practically non-existant. :wallbash:

Seeing as though I'm new to both flyfishing and tying, I've just got my setup on the dining room table. I bought the "beginner" basic box set of materials from Cabelas, and just dig through the box for what I need. Very unorganized...

Rubber maid bin originally had every thing thown in then I got plastic shoe boxes and separated all the feathers and buck tails and neck sand put then put those in a bigger rubber maid bin this pass summer to be better orgainizes and I just order a secretaries desk lots of draw that will be my next storage work area. Now here is a further question if you keep the stuff in the desk how do you keep the bugs outs keep? I was thinking of keeping couple moth balls in each draw. I have had no problems with th bin since it is sealed . This is also probably 1000+ dollar worth of supplies including Regal vice

Welcome!

For tying desk pics check out this thread and be sure to click the link in the first post

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?sho...c=23267&hl=

Enjoy!

Wow, thanks for the link! I don't have anywhere near the amount of materials some of you tiers have, but you all seem so much more organized than me already. :bugeyes:

Heres my Tying station

I have the basics right there, but I have cabinet nearby that holds nearly all my tying stuff

Hi SmallieFanatic

Man GET RID OF THE INQUISITION LIGHT...

you will be blind in a year, get a natural/daylight light maybe an Ott light...

also place the light above your vise or just off to the side...

I am not preaching just concerned.... I tied with a light like that for years and was amazed when I got rid of it and got an Ott light the difference was great...

Man GET RID OF THE INQUISITION LIGHT...

LOL!!

Here's mine. There's another "desk" thread I posted this pic in just this morning, but here ya go. Welcome to the site man.

Jeff

PB150023.jpg

you mean like a flourecent light or such or just a dimmer bulb?

Hi SmallieFanatic..

A florescent, natural, day light bulb. I use an Ott light, it is just a brand, find what is best for you..

The natural Day light bulb will make things, colors look more "natural" just like when you are out side in the sun..

That's all I am saying