Fly Tying
Wellman

Trout Fly rods

Fly Rod Band  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Main rod is an old Cortland JU2000 Fiberglass paired with a Pflueger Medalist 1494 reel Both 5/6Wt. I got it in the late 70's and it still performs great. I also have several old bamboo rods that I play with on small streams, They are fun, but I'm afraid to really use them alot as they are old and irreplaceable (Grandpa's rods). My wife and son both have Cabelas rods and they are nice. All these rods have vintage Medalist or Ocean City '76 reels which I have restored.

Ive got a galatain rod i think is what itts called and an old martin reel , my dad used to work for zebco as like a production manager or something so i have some really rare reels most dont work right

My favorite combo is my 6 wt. Sage Flight and Bauer Mackenzie. I use it mainly on tailwaters.

I also picked up a 3 wt. TFO Proffesional and a Teton Tioga reel. I absolutely love this combo and it's quickly becoming my favorite.

Albright Topwater 3/4 for dry fly fishing, No Name 5/6 for larger streams and rivers or streamer or nymph fishing.

My primary trout is a TFO 9' 4WT Pro with a Loomis Venture 5 reel. Second favorite would be a TFO Finesse 8'9" 5WT also with a Loomis Venture 5. Spring creek fishing is usually a TFO Pro 8' 2WT or TFO Finesse 7'9" 3WT both with Loomis Venture 3 reels. Lines are a SA GPX WF on the 4 and 5WTs and SA XPS DT's on the 2 and 3.

Mike

I made the switch two years ago and have used a Beulah 10'6" 5/6wt switch rod for all my trout fishing. It is plenty light for single hand casting yet allows for double handed casting as well. The length allows for incredible line control while nymphing, fishing multiple wet fly rigs or punching through the wind on the lakes. I single hand it when nymphing, fishing wets or casting dries and double hand it when casting wets to steelhead or throwing streamers at trout and bass. It has replaced probably 3-4 of the rods that I previously used. It's only real weak spot is casting small dry flies (#16 and smaller). For this kind of fishing I use an Orvis trident 3wt.

:rolleyes: Love my 30 year old Orvis far n fine. 5wt . and my 25 year old Orvis 9x9. I've tried Winstons , Scotts and others and I just don't see or feel the difference. :wallbash: :wallbash:

My favorite rod of all time is a 10', 5wt, Scott G, custom made by them, for me in 1985.

But,

I also like:

G Loomis Streamdance, 10', 5wt,

T & T, Paradigm, 9', 5Wt.

Winston, WT, 9', 6wt.

Winston, BIIX, 9', 5wt.

Sage, ZED, 9'6", 4wt

Winston, Fiberglass 7'6", 4wt (made when Winston was in San Francisco)

I am partial to the Green Sticks...

PT/TB :yahoo:

I still use my vintage (mid 70's) fiberglass 7' Cortland FR -2000 5/6 WT rod and Pflueger Medalist 1494 DA reel. I will switch the reel to my new graphite St. Croix "Reign"/Cabelas 8' 5 WT rod.