Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pelhament

The Ewock (spinner bait imitation)

So Pelhament, I was thinking about this fly last night, what do you think of tying the spinner part on a small section of tube, and burning to mono to stop the tube from coming off the mono. That would allow the flash to move up and down, possibly giving it a little more flashy/spinny action. Think that would help out at all, or just a waste of time?

So Pelhament, I was thinking about this fly last night, what do you think of tying the spinner part on a small section of tube, and burning to mono to stop the tube from coming off the mono. That would allow the flash to move up and down, possibly giving it a little more flashy/spinny action. Think that would help out at all, or just a waste of time?

I wouldnt really know without trying it. I think you might run into the the tube getting stuck on the hook point or the flash fouling in the hook point if it was allowed to move down that far. The post does wobble back and forth with each strip and I have found that it is important to keep the flash out of the way of the hook point to avoid fouling.

I wouldnt really know without trying it. I think you might run into the the tube getting stuck on the hook point or the flash fouling in the hook point if it was allowed to move down that far. The post does wobble back and forth with each strip and I have found that it is important to keep the flash out of the way of the hook point to avoid fouling.

Fouling was my biggest concern as well, I'll do some test runs and see what I can find out.

That is one brilliant flie!!!

Does it need a small swivel so it dosnt twist the leader?

Now of to the vise tying your flie.

Tanks for chairing :headbang:

Regards C

That is one brilliant flie!!!

Does it need a small swivel so it dosnt twist the leader?

Now of to the vise tying your flie.

Tanks for chairing :headbang:

Regards C

Since there are no actual moving parts this fly will not spin your leader like those with spinners or propellers, so no swivel is needed.