Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
yuppie hater

BROKEN ROD

:unsure: So I was out fishing today in the wonderful sun shine, when I broke my Gloomis. has any one out there had to deal wit this guys on warrenty work. I'm curious how they are to deal with? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:unsure: So I was out fishing today in the wonderful sun shine, when I broke my Gloomis. has any one out there had to deal with these guys on warrenty work. I'm curious how they are to deal with? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I haven't dealt with them personally but my father-in-law sent back a broken rod and got a new one withhout any problems. If I remember correctly, he sent in an older rod and only had to pay the difference in price for the new one which wasn't too much.

I broke mine about 2 years ago and it was replaced under warranty. I think you had to include $ 20.00 for the return shipping and I insured my rod when i shipped it back, but had no problems.

Send it to them ASAP. Loomis has been having trouble the past couple years and they just recently announced to some of their dealers that they will be closing down and out of business in a pretty short amount of time (fall 2009). So don't wait, get it to them while you can still get a new section for it. Might want to contact them first to make sure they still have a new section for the model rod you have because they alredy cut production on a good number of their blanks.