Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Fall Steelhead Swap

Ok, I've decided to tie a Skykomish Sunrise. I don't know how it'll work in MI, but it sure is purty. cool.gif

TB,

You've hit on a important fact. Is it that some of these patterns have not been tested in the GL? I think that it would be a great change up from the same things that get tossed at these fish year after year.

For me as well, entering some of these swaps is not about getting flies to fish with but seeing the skill level of other tyers, expanding my tying skills and collecting some great flies that I would not get otherwise.

Art

TB you would be surprised at how well some of the PNW patterns work even here in the GL area.

OK guys i sent my address to everyone...not to worry you have plenty of time with the deadline being sept 15th but i just wanted to get everything squared away wink.gif

So thanks for joining and have fun tying smile.gif

SD

Crap.. i missed it.. i have some killer steelie flys.. i gotta watch these swaps more closely sad.gif eek.gif let me know if anyone drops out Jumpy.gif

how many of the flies do we tie? if it is reasonable number I will join. I once participated in a swap and they wanted us to tie 10 for each person in the swap...I thought it was a little crazy? unsure.gif

Sorry Rougetrout but this swap is closed now since we have the required number of guys but thanks for the intrest and there is always some kind of swap going on so check out the current swaps.

SD