Fly Tying
Fred H.

Ant misbehavin

on a size 18 hook a little detail goes a long way.This is a no frills fishing pattern constructed out of thread and mono . Will take longer to tie than a wooly bugger but should outlast a handful of them.

Fred

You guys in the realistic flying are really talented. I have seen several of the flies in the database and they are awesome. Some if you didn't know they were flies you couldn't tell. I like the ant. keep up the great work.

Thanks Flyfisher 13. I know this will work on gills. I wonder if the bows would like it?

FRed

I wonder if the bows would like it?

Most definitely, at least until the little bugger stings them. Another great looking fly Fred.

Thanks. Under macro the mono legs I think could have looked better . I think I will try black paintbrush bristles on the next one.

Fred

Now that makes me happy.

"Liked your pattern , tied some , caught some".

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

Fred

Now that is one cool pattern. I like it very much.

Jan

thanks Jan. You should try some they are easy and a lot of fun .If for no other reason than to sit them on your tying bench to look at.

Fred

just lurk in the shadows in this forum, but always find myself commenting on your submissions, Fred. Great talent...looking forward to your future submissions

Now that is one cool pattern. I like it very much.

Jan

thanks Jan. You should try some they are easy and a lot of fun .If for no other reason than to sit them on your tying bench to look at.

Fred

Maybe I will, it looks like a fun one to tie.

Jan

Hey Fred. Very nicely done. Since you mentioned the legs, even though they look great, you might consider trying Paul Whillock's Japanese Nymph legs. They seem to hold a very nice bend without heating. They make for a nice, sharp jointed look especially with a dab of head cement to create the joint. I'm sure you must know about them but I thought I would mention it.

Best,

Bruce C