Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Silver Bullets

the little stream is really doin good this year!

well went to the same stream in my ell and brookie post, but down the stream a little and i got a 7 inch brookie(huge for that stream) so then after fishing a lil while longer we head back to the camp, and my buddy evan starts fishing off the bridge while i help get supper ready, and he comes running over with a nice 8 inch brookie(a monster for this brook, and i mean a monster!)

heres a pic of me holding it!

post-22-1091796929.jpg

naw, my buddy got it on spinning gear Vise!

I will be able to fly fish it soon, but right now theres a big tree that fell down in the stream so untell we get it outta there i cant fly fish there.

Brookies are cool, and that one was reallly cool seeing it was the biggest one i've seen come outta that brook!

Silver there are many times when your in a tight spot just as you mentioned with a tree taking up space in the river where you can "dap" a fly on fly gear.

Dapping is just stripping out a few feet of line and extending the rod out over the tree and letting the fly "dap" on top of the water. might be worth a try is you really want to use the long rod with that tree in the river....plus trees are good fish structure so you might want to consider leaving it in there dunno.gif

SD

Learn to work the tight spots. Dapping, roll casting, and sling shoting are all great 'casting' tricks to have in your bag. It's not all about the great big looping casts. That is one pretty fish!!! Which fly this time. tongue.gif

Art

Hey I did a little brookie fishing too on Friday and got a couple of these:

user posted image

Talk about beautiful trout biggrin.gif

Ken cool.gif