Fly Tying
terrome

Crayfish Xtreme

Adrian, your a clown, plain and simple.

The only time you post anything is to try and goad Fred into some stupid war on words or to post your flys for compliments (I've read em all). On the other hand, Fred is always there to offer help, ideas and anything he can. Take it easy, he gave you a compliment like a real man would do and you sit back on your high horse, pretty lame and disrespectful if you ask me, but i'm just a lowly fly tier.

Yellow Bomber

You have a very,very particular interpretation of the facts,you are the new Waylon Smithers,congratulations. Adrian

One thing I have noticed is that Fred is one of the good guys on FTF.

That's what I like about FTF. There is a lot of good guys that are willing to help or give advise.

terrome, although I am not into tying realistics, I enjoy looking at your work. Indeed, it is amazing.

That being said, PLEASE STOP!

I'm betting someone from Lake Charles, Louisiana would know what a crawfish looks

like. That being said, perhaps they look different in Argentina...??? Regardless, both of you gentleman's

flies look outstanding. Isn't that the important thing? I wish I could tie half as good as either one of you.

Mike

Either of you can critique my flies anytime you want. I'd be honored.

Mike you are probably right I think Fred has probably ate more crawfish then most of us has seen in a lifetime so if Argentinian crawfish are different then american ones then so be it I have noticed this whenever someone needs help with something Fred will do his best to help where as Terrome wont also Fred will tell how he does certain things where Terrome keeps everything he does a secret lets see in an earlier post directed at Fred Terrome said education morality and some other babble is the way to live so maybe Terrome should practice what he preaches and start teaching some of his secret techniques like Fred does either way I don't care I know my flies aren't the caliber of either of these 2 tiers but hey I enjoy tying and I am not going to let the egos of two people stop me from tying the flies I want to tie and that being said I am not going to post on this topic again and frankly I think the admins or moderators should close this topic to anymore responses as to avoid any more taking of sides

To riffleriversteelheadslayer and others

I really do not understand why do you mix morality and good manners with to ask me to show my techniques, prepotency is normal in the forum. I show my works (one of the functions of the forum) and I share my techniques with some people, and Fred never share his techniques, becasue he has not his own, he has David Martin techniques, like he said a lot of times. Also, I never saw anybody requesting to Logan ,Whillock ,Teyssie etc in order to show their techniques, simply because they will never do that.

Since the last two years this forum was loosing big people, and nobody ask himself why big fly tyers left the forum? (including coordinator).

No one realizes that the few good tyers that remains, never send an answer in any post opened by Fred?. Maybe you think that those great fly tyers were wrong. He did the same than the young chick of dark billed cuckoo

I am encouraged by the support received on emails and PM.

This forum looks like an empty cocoon, content has almost no importance, only remain the shell, and this is real pity

Flytying is an art to some, a hobby to others and a means to an end (catching fish) for most of us. Most of us tie flies to fool fish into eating what we create. I joined this forum to interact with poeple who have the same interests I do. I feel this forum is here so people can communicate with each other about similar interests and learn from each other.

Let me say this. I have read all of the posts on this topic and I wanted to ignore it an not comment but just couldn't help myslef.

I do not know either of the combatants in this ruckus, but I would like to say that I find it a little disconcerting that an individual would post a picture of a "Fly" that they tied and then get angry when someone comments on how they feel it doesn't look right. We all post our flies to show the world what we can do. We all want that self serving pat on the back. It is human nature. Look at me, look what I can do, etc... It is also human nature to get upset when we are critisized.

In saying that, there are a very large number of tiers on this forum. Some beginners, some hobbiests, and some professionals with thousands upon thousands of flies through their vices. We all have our opinions.

Let's cut to the chase. I feel that if you are going to post a fly you tie to the forum, you should be prepared to receive compliments and criticisms alike. Constructive criticims is helpful. We all know what they look like. "Very nice, but I think the wing is to long, or you shouldn't have clipped the hackle, or the body for that fly is made of a different material, etc..." Destructive criticism are things like "that is wrong, those suck, etc..." That type of criticism should not be used.

I enjoy sharing any knowledge I have with others, that is just me. If you choose not to share your secrets, that is your business. People learn by trial and error and a lot of time or a little help from someone who already knows how to do it and has already made the mistakes.

I may be wrong but it is my opinion

Rob

Most of you have only a few monthson the forum, no more than a couple of years (info from yours avatares). For that reason you do not know, when I said how the forum has changed since 2005. for that reason, before to send an opinion about one post, you must to know about what we are talking, if not, it is bettet not to comment.

I know the forum when big fly tyers promoted good ideas, when there was cordiality, today they are not here, the forum is something emty, with nothing new to offer, so I feel sorry when I see that new people agree with the mediocrity now exhibits by the forum, because of a mediocre.

For that reason I said that you must to know the whole picture, when a forum is closed by a deranged person, that's means that the person is not fine. during the last years he follow the same lime of conduct. He always has the truth, the others were always wrong, he has no errors, with a very small ability that does not match with his big ego. never try to earn the respect with arrogance. for that reason all the biggers fly tyers are good people.

I explained my arguments with reason and rationale to support my position, it is better than to remain silent.

Regards Adrian

If you are not happy with the people on the forum and you feel we are beneath you, my suggestion would be that you go somewhere else. I am not sure what you mean by big fly tyers. Famous people? People who have been tying flies for a long time? People who have have their own TV shows, books, etc... It doesn't matter how long people have been a member of the forum. You know nothing about any of us so making general statements is ignorant. Relax and don't get your panties in a bunch.

Rob

To rstout

this is what I was refearing, to the intolerance with the one who thinks different,thanks for being the perfect example,very primitive Regards Adrian

Intolerance? You started this tirade against Fred for offering a tip on your crayfish. People replied to your tirade with their opinions and you got "pissy" and made a bunch of generalized statements about the low caliber of this forum and the people on it. It appears that you think you are better than some on this forum. You are not. As far as me being intolerant, I am not intolerant of anyone. I just have a hard time understanding how someone can dislike the forum (in its current state) as you do and yet you are still here.

If you think differently than others on the forum, I understand that but you shouldn't complain when others disagree with your thinking. It is not intolerance when people disagree with you, it is just a different opinion. Maybe my comment about "getting your panties in a bunch" was a little over the top. I think your reply to Fred and some of the others who posted their opinions on this topic was over the top also.

Why don't we both give it a rest and let this topic die.

Sincerely,

Rob