Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Mystery Material Swap

ROUND ONE OF THIS SWAP HAS ALREADY BEEN CLOSED.

This post is the new thread for the Mystery Material Swap. Any other member wishing to participate in the swap may join AFTER Round 1. Please note the following rules and exceptions. The first mailing for the Mystery Material Swap is expected to be within the next ten days as I am still receiving and sorting materials. I want to send out an advanced THANK YA'LL to all those who are participating in the first round!

1. Each participant will post and let us all know who is participating. The swap sign up will remain open until 5pm Friday, August 21.

2. Each participant will send ONE item for the intial stocking of the box for the first round. The item may be hooks, tools (bought or homemade), materials, etc. NO ITEM SHOULD EXCEED $7. We will allow for a little "grey" area, but remember, if you include an item that is worth more that $7, you do it with a generous spirit and shouldn't be offended if other participants do not follow your generous example. Should we have only a few items for the intial round, I will supplement the initial stocking with materials I have set aside for just the occassion (have way too much stuff in my garage.)

3. Each participant is ENCOURAGED TO TAKE TWO ITEMS (and replace with two items) to keep the box from exploding!

4. A mailing list of participants will be added to the box for each round. The first participant to recieve the box is to mark his/her name off the list, and ANONYMOUSLY send the box to the next participant of his/her choosing. This process will continue until each participant has his/her name marked off the list and then the box comes back to me. Should this work successfully, we will maintain the "anonymous mailing" of the box for future rounds. Should it be a complete failure, I will assign mailing orders for future rounds.

*ANONYMOUSLY means you do not tell the next participant when they can expect to receive the box, etc.

5. Participants will PM me once they have recieved the box, as I need a way to track its progress. Participants may post that they have had the box, but only after they have mailed the box. By the process of elimination, one will be able to conclude who is getting the box once the round begins to copmplete its circuit, but will still be as "anonymous" as possible. This should also keep Aroostook's anxiety just at that threshold of being stoked about the box, but not in need of medical attention from his local Cardiac Unit.

6. All above rules are preliminary and subject to change as influenced by a consensus of the swap's participating body.

1. Each participant will post and let us all know who is participating. The swap sign up will remain open until 5pm Friday, August 21.

Is is still open? it's Sept 2 now. Get some rest, between the new addition and work you have lost track of time.

:hyst:

Is this US only? I know shipping out of country can get expensive.

Sorry guys, stepped away from the computer for a sec and didn't realize I hadn't posted the entire post. The first Round is now closed, HOWEVER, I will add you to the list for Round two. Canadian postage shouldn't be that big deal as the package will come to you, then you will pay to have it shipped back to the US. I will, however, for future rounds, limit this swap to 13 people as to ensure quick turnaround. As members drop out or resign to participate in other ventures, we will add members. If you fellows are IN for round two, I will reserve a spot for both of you!

The following members are already locked into Round One (in NO PARTICULAR ORDER):

1. Cencalfly

2. Big Daddy Hubbard

3. Flyfisher 13

4. Pat Carroll

5. Smalltownfisherman

6. BassbugN

7. Trout Traveler

8. Will

9. Aroostookbasser

Already reserved for Round Two are the above members, Ibian, and Colonel Mel....

Anyone wishing for full information on how this thing got started can check out pages 44-47 of the Mystery Box Swap thread and get a feel for what this swap is all about....

Big Daddy... my thing were sent out yesterday..shouldn't take long to get it...

Sign me up for round 2 if you are taking sign up for that now?

Theoretically this could be never ending if someone takes care of the box every now and then.

Will,

posting this late, but I did recieve your material...FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL!!! Putting the box together over the weekend...hope to have it maile on Monday! STILL WAITING for a few things...hopefully they will be in the mail this morning!

I was wondering if it had arrived or not.. Was kinda undecided as to what to add and had a couple of those.. Think it will be well received..Thanks for letting me know it made it!

Got some "bidness" to take care of this week...BUT the Mystery Material Swap WILL kick off this week. Working tonight to get a few more things together!

Everyone who is signed up for the first round....

PM your addresses so I know I have a complete list of who is participating! ASAP! Thanks![/size]

Box went out this morning...Remember...PM me when you get the box. If anyone has any confusion, refer to the first page for the rules! I think you guys are going to like this!