Fly Tying
txflytier

knoted pheasant tail legs??

Really? Buy knoted pheasant tail? Buy a nice full tail on ebay, take a few fibers and tie an overhand knot in them. Use a crochet hook to help pull the fibers through to knot if it helps.

Really? Buy knoted pheasant tail? Buy a nice full tail on ebay, take a few fibers and tie an overhand knot in them. Use a crochet hook to help pull the fibers through to knot if it helps.

Absolutely! Chance, just buy you some pheasant tail like OldHat says, and tie them yourself. Be sure and leave the barbs attached to the stem until after you tie them. It may take you several tries before you get the hang of it, but it's not hard. Like OH recommended, use a crochet hook or even a pair of tweezers to grab and pull the fibers through into an overhand knot (or a Rainy's Knot Tool). I sometimes sit with a pheasant tail and crochet hook while I'm watching TV at night and can whip out dozens.

Mike

I didnt know that they had all the tools to help you do it lol..

I will have to find them and give it a try.

Chance

Ok anyone have a site I can find them at?

I looked and I am having trouble finding them..

Going to try J Stockard now.

what really works well is the little hook the women use to pull their hair through the cap to do highlights on it is what I use for it if you go to a beauty shop where they do hair coloring you can get them for free since they just throw them away or send me an addy and I will send you one since I have about 20 of them

Hey Chance, I do it the same way as Old Hat with a crochet hook. Just pick up a crochet hook up at Micheals or take Paul up on his offer and your on your way to making great looking and buggy legs.

Ian

How about somebody doing a vid of it? I have been trying for 30 minutes to catch the tip and draw it back thru ( with the tiniest crochet hook ever) and no luck..... :wallbash: :angry:

Ok thanks for all yalls help on ideas.

I cant wait to give it a run when the tool shows up.

Chance

I will try and do a video when I get the hook in after I do it a few times lol

Ok anyone have a site I can find them at?

I looked and I am having trouble finding them..

Going to try J Stockard now.

I have them in the store but theyre not on my online store yet.

hi chance

i tye these all the time with no tools, the easiest way to doit is pluck 2 fibres off, you can use as many as you like then fold in a circle and poke the (thick) end through the hole then slide the knot slowly to the place you want and pull the knot gently then do the same again if you want more knots like daddy legs.

they get easy after about your first 50 and it beats payin out for ready tied, get a bunch off ebay sit infront of the T,V

cold beer and before you know it, Acomplished!

make sure there centre tail feathers 14 inch+ for a descent lenght fibre to cover all size flys

tight lines