Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kevan J. Evans

BTW mad prop's for 3m

Thats great i had a set of Reddington waders leak and they sent me the full zip fronts at no extra charge. Anyone else get treated well and want to share their story??

ok well Patogoia, has aways been awesome but a year ago I had purchaced a pair of their felt soled boots, after not to long the felt peeled off. aftre returning them they gave me a free up grade to the non-felt River Walkers, which still kick ass ---- So made thank's to patigonia--- 5 pairs of waders [ for the price of one] & a free upgrade on boots. Then Teton fly reels major thanks to them[the origal owners] they would go to no end to to help, same for Lamson reels G Loomis rods, and Renzetti great people standing sloid behind their products

my YOU SUCK list Is short Sage, Orvis, & the datlight company

I hve a W&M rod that I broke on a tarpon in St. Croix. Replaced without question. Still use the rod occasionally and still launches big flies. Cabelas treats me good with wader probs too.

ok well Patogoia, has aways been awesome but a year ago I had purchaced a pair of their felt soled boots, after not to long the felt peeled off. aftre returning them they gave me a free up grade to the non-felt River Walkers, which still kick ass ---- So made thank's to patigonia--- 5 pairs of waders [ for the price of one] & a free upgrade on boots. Then Teton fly reels major thanks to them[the origal owners] they would go to no end to to help, same for Lamson reels G Loomis rods, and Renzetti great people standing sloid behind their products

my YOU SUCK list Is short Sage, Orvis, & the datlight company

As I get older and can from time to time, spend money on expensive gear, I have to wonder WHY so many problems with all this high-end gear? 5 pair of Patagonia waders that had problems? I have used the hell out of mid priced equipment my whole life and rarely have issues. Got a pair of $40 felt sole boots which are 10 tears old, and the soles are tight. I have a set of $60 neoprene waders which I've used hard for 5 seasons and not had a drop of water leak in. $50 reels ($40 on sale) which I fished the Florida gulf coast with in the sand and salt, as well as lots of fresh, and Zero problems. I'm going to be doing a lot more trout fishing in the years to come, and want a good set of breathable waders... Not willing to drop $300 or more if they're gonna leave me wet in a few hours, even IF the company stands behind them when they fail!

It's a concern to me, shouldn't have ANY worries when dropping big bucks on tackle.

Personally I think putting Sage on a you suck list just makes you look like you should start taking a little better care of your gear. I've never had a problem with them friends of mine who have broken rods and were basically at fault for it had new rods in their hands in a week. Personally I think they have a great product and stand by it.

Well I think that the real differance is that I spend more sunlight hours in my waders rather than jeans, I get to fish 300+ day's a year--- During the summer I will be guiding 6 day's a week. Any full time guide will work their gear harder than a weekend warrior or a product tester. I paid $150 & some change for my $338 pair of bad ass waders, the only thing I can say is wow 5 pairs of bomb diggity !!!!!! back in the day I would go threw two pairs of hodgy's in the summer they cost $150ish each---hum DO THE MATH

as far as SAGE-- this hurts me deep. I have purchased 4 of their rods, they f ing rock I think they are the best -- hands down-- thing is they like to "repair" & if you use your rod as a tool, you know how your tool should work & preform, when I got one of my rods back from them It was a noodle!!! I don't pay big bucks of a noodle. I called them and very nice like told them I was not happy with what I got back, in turn they told me that I was wrong-- they said threir standards were met. hum I MUST BE NUTS-- the next time I sent a 5 piece SLT #3 they never returned it to me??? the next rod after that I took my dremel to the VPS or VPR whatever it was-- I chopped it into 10 pieces they havn't return that either--- sad to say but a friend of mie hated his orvis TLS so much that he ran it over wit his truck till it was able to be sweept up --- he put it in a ziplock and sent it to them with discust not wanting another but they sent a new one to him-- they are on my suck it list tobut----- Just because you love their rod as do I you shouldn't get pissed at some one telling bad about them it's just odd's -- I know that I'm not the only one who has had a problem with them :rolleyes:

Well I think that the real differance is that I spend more sunlight hours in my waders rather than jeans, I get to fish 300+ day's a year--- During the summer I will be guiding 6 day's a week. Any full time guide will work their gear harder than a weekend warrior or a product tester. I paid $150 & some change for my $338 pair of bad ass waders, the only thing I can say is wow 5 pairs of bomb diggity !!!!!! back in the day I would go threw two pairs of hodgy's in the summer they cost $150ish each---hum DO THE MATH

as far as SAGE-- this hurts me deep. I have purchased 4 of their rods, they f ing rock I think they are the best -- hands down-- thing is they like to "repair" & if you use your rod as a tool, you know how your tool should work & preform, when I got one of my rods back from them It was a noodle!!! I don't pay big bucks of a noodle. I called them and very nice like told them I was not happy with what I got back, in turn they told me that I was wrong-- they said threir standards were met. hum I MUST BE NUTS-- the next time I sent a 5 piece SLT #3 they never returned it to me??? the next rod after that I took my dremel to the VPS or VPR whatever it was-- I chopped it into 10 pieces they havn't return that either--- sad to say but a friend of mie hated his orvis TLS so much that he ran it over wit his truck till it was able to be sweept up --- he put it in a ziplock and sent it to them with discust not wanting another but they sent a new one to him-- they are on my suck it list tobut----- Just because you love their rod as do I you shouldn't get pissed at some one telling bad about them it's just odd's -- I know that I'm not the only one who has had a problem with them :rolleyes:

yeah, and that is why people who can say they are guides get gear at half price... the companies want guides to push $300 waders on clients who pay full price. And a lot of times they do. You spend 300+ days a year fishing, what do you want? You're already getting your equipment at half price and often less- I've known more than a few guides who are on "Pro Staff" of various companies and get gear for FREE. Whole hell of a lot of folks out there paying full price for their professional tools. Been there, done that, still doing it.

Chop a rod into ten pieces then send it back? They're not idiots. If you paid full price for it, broke it fairly and were honest about it and sent it back under warranty, I'm fairly certain they'd treat you better.

Point is, NOTHING is failure proof, and products which are supposedly the best - most expensive- should fail a lot less than cheaper stuff. I don't hear much about $200 fly rods failing and being pieces of crap, But I do hear it quite a bit about $350 and higher rods. That just should not be the case.

I don't get all my gear on proform, when the only pro shop in summit opened , and having work with the owner for years at copper mnt. -- as a sign of good fortune I went in and paid full retail for that slt w/ reel & line that was a $630 rod, the companies know what you purchase on pro form & I'm sure as far as selling product to clients I just where the stuff & use my big moulth to promote the companies I believe in, and over all the years I have only helped one guy pick a rod, I turned him on to a cortland rod even though he could have eazlly bought a T&T to make my boss happy --- I don't get free stuff YET I need my tools to work proper, no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all pay for the warnty's

yeah, and that is why people who can say they are guides get gear at half price... the companies want guides to push $300 waders on clients who pay full price. And a lot of times they do. You spend 300+ days a year fishing, what do you want? You're already getting your equipment at half price and often less- I've known more than a few guides who are on "Pro Staff" of various companies and get gear for FREE. Whole hell of a lot of folks out there paying full price for their professional tools. Been there, done that, still doing it.

Chop a rod into ten pieces then send it back? They're not idiots. If you paid full price for it, broke it fairly and were honest about it and sent it back under warranty, I'm fairly certain they'd treat you better.

Point is, NOTHING is failure proof, and products which are supposedly the best - most expensive- should fail a lot less than cheaper stuff. I don't hear much about $200 fly rods failing and being pieces of crap, But I do hear it quite a bit about $350 and higher rods. That just should not be the case.

Amen