Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
onceahoosier

Form 1040

The wife left to run some errands today. She left me with firm instructions to work on our taxes. I thought I'd share with with you all the progress I made today on our form 1040:

post-24351-1264887120_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions from the "accountants" out there? Sorry for the bad photography, it doesn't show the colors very well. Tomorrow I start working on deductions...

Tom

Hey Tom,

I don't know anything about taxes :wallbash: , but I can see that you did a good job on that fly, well done :thumbup: , I like the action of zonker. haven't tried to get those rubber legs coming out on the side like that.

do you put those legs all after each other, or do you do it like rubberleg, some hair, rubber leg, some hair and so on ..

~ floris

Hey Tom,

I don't know anything about taxes :wallbash: , but I can see that you did a good job on that fly, well done :thumbup: , I like the action of zonker. haven't tried to get those rubber legs coming out on the side like that.

do you put those legs all after each other, or do you do it like rubberleg, some hair, rubber leg, some hair and so on ..

~ floris

I used to tie the rubber legs on the hook between wraps of hair, but had too many legs cut off while trimming and legs coming out at weird angles sometimes. I now use a bobbin threader; work it through the hair and use it to pull the legs through. I put a few drops of glue on the legs on one side and pull the glued part into the body to hold them in place. Works great, with tightly packed bodies it can take some effort to get the threader through the body. And what do you mean you don't know about taxes, your European, I bet you pay plenty!!

Tom

And what do you mean you don't know about taxes, your European, I bet you pay plenty!!

You bet I do, :bugeyes: :rolleyes:

thanks,

~ floris

Nice fly. But isn't the Form 1040 Fly a naked treble hook? :o

Except for the blood.

Guest rich mc

that fly is a real asset, you may want to deduct from the angle of the collar and length of the rubber legs to save on taxability. just tying to be funny, its a very nice fly. rich mc

hey Tom if you push a bodkin through first it makes it alot easier to thread the threader through that's the scedule C trick

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try. By the way, I've broken a few bobbin threaders pulling rubber legs through a fly, if you can find one with a little heavier wire ( my Griffin, which came in a pack with two eye cleaners, has survived the longest) it works better.

Tom