Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutdogg

Rotary Vise Suggestion - Worth It?

There were a few nice features on the C&F Vise that were nice. Never seen any other vises with these features before.

-Magnetic Jaw

-Temporary fly hanger.

any vise that has a bobbin rest has a "temporary fly hanger"

any vise that has steel jaws can be "magnetized"

There were a few nice features on the C&F Vise that were nice. Never seen any other vises with these features before.

-Magnetic Jaw

-Temporary fly hanger.

any vise that has a bobbin rest has a "temporary fly hanger"

any vise that has steel jaws can be "magnetized"

exact same thought when I read those "features"- you beat me to the post. I guess it's true, people will buy anything.

like a Renzetti Presentation 2000 ($285)

My vise is $185 less and has a larger hook range! And can do true rotary! :devil:

Oh and has magnetized jaws.

However that is one sick looking vise.

Guys, thanks again for all the suggestions and feedback. :cheers:

I have decided to go with the Swiss Master Vise because of the vises diversity and adjustability. Mark Hogue of Eflytier put together a really nice review of this item and was kind enough to take the time to cover all of the vises plus marks (not one negative thing to say either). It turns out that he and I both dislike the Renzetti Master for the same reason so we both got a chuckle from that. :yahoo:

Anyway, here's a link to Marks in depth overview of the Swiss Master.

http://www.mwflytying.com/tools/Swiss_vise.html

Once again, the input was much appreciated and welcomed....................

Oh, just a little plug for Petitjean and his company - he employes over 70 handicapped workers at his factory and I am happy to know that at least some of my money spent is towards a good cause.

Sorry to say, I've played with the MP vise as well and I think it is even more over-engineered than the C&F Designs vise. The set up and take down of the MP vise seemed particularly convoluted considering the competion. Renzetti, Dyna-King, or LAW really are the best high end options, IMNSHO.

Isn't the pedastel to the Swiss Master like 1 lb? The business end of it looks really nice but I'd get the c-clamp.

Don't forget that the base turns into a very rigid clamp that can be attached to a very thick surface (pick nick table, etc).

In addition to the Master base I picked up the base plate which has a weight of three pounds. This way I can have a very versatile setup to tye almost anything.

post-25160-1265849116_thumb.jpg

post-25160-1265849914_thumb.jpg

post-25160-1265849923_thumb.jpg

post-25160-1265849970_thumb.jpg

Isn't the pedastel to the Swiss Master like 1 lb? The business end of it looks really nice but I'd get the c-clamp.

Don't forget that the base turns into a very rigid clamp that can be attached to a very thick surface (pick nick table, etc).

In addition to the Master base I picked up the base plate which has a weight of three pounds. This way I can have a very versatile setup to tye almost anything.

Learn something new everyday!

Guys, thanks again for all the suggestions and feedback. :cheers:

I have decided to go with the Swiss Master Vise because of the vises diversity and adjustability. Mark Hogue of Eflytier put together a really nice review of this item and was kind enough to take the time to cover all of the vises plus marks (not one negative thing to say either). It turns out that he and I both dislike the Renzetti Master for the same reason so we both got a chuckle from that. :yahoo:

Anyway, here's a link to Marks in depth overview of the Swiss Master.

http://www.mwflytying.com/tools/Swiss_vise.html

Once again, the input was much appreciated and welcomed....................

Oh, just a little plug for Petitjean and his company - he employes over 70 handicapped workers at his factory and I am happy to know that at least some of my money spent is towards a good cause.

That is a very cool looking vise. Hope you love it! btw... what part of New England are you from? I used to live in New Hampshire.

David <><

that is a really really nice looking vise there! have fun on it! I like how you can tie multiple ways on it! congrats!

That is a very cool looking vise. Hope you love it! btw... what part of New England are you from? I used to live in New Hampshire.

David <><

I live on the North Shore in Massachusetts - ten minute walk from Striper Heaven............. :headbang:

David <><

I live on the North Shore in Massachusetts - ten minute walk from Striper Heaven............. :headbang:

Oh, no kidding! That means you are on the blues once in a bit, and some nice shad fishing as well, I'll bet. You should be seeing some real nice action in about seven to eight weeks maybe? That is cool. I used to hit one of the bridges in that general area, and I used fish the rivermouth at Portsmouth a bit.

You need to be cranking out the flies! Spring is almost here! Have fun when that new vise comes in!

David <><

Got my new Swiss Master Vise today and boy ohhh boy am I happy :yahoo:

This vise is even better than I thought. On a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being the best I give this vise a score of 11. Mr Marc Petitjean - you are one heck of an engineer or simple stated a true genius...... :headbang:

He thought of everything that fly tiers have been needing and wanting for years.

This vise and its design puts all others to shame. Boys, do yourself a favor and retire your Renzetti' vises and pick up a Swiss Master you'll be asking why you ever used that paperweight in the first place :ripped:

Happy Tying my friends!

Got my new Swiss Master Vise today and boy ohhh boy am I happy :yahoo:

This vise is even better than I thought. On a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being the best I give this vise a score of 11. Mr Marc Petitjean - you are one heck of an engineer or simply stated a true genius...... :headbang:

He thought of everything that fly tiers have been needing and wanting for years and I personally thank you for doing so.

This vise and its design puts all others to shame. Boys & Girls, do yourself a favor and retire your Renzetti' vises and pick up a Swiss Master you'll be asking why you ever used that old paperweight in the first place :ripped:

Happy Tying my friends!