Fly Tying
Guest Big E

Chiro/Buzzer Swap

Mine are done... could you PM me the address?

and so do boobies. :hyst:

Was this meant as a subtle suggestion that I should include a couple booby nymphs with my flies? Can easily do that ... :lol2:

In any case I need an addy B)

J.

and so do boobies. :hyst:

Was this meant as a subtle suggestion that I should include a couple booby nymphs with my flies? Can easily do that ... :lol2:

In any case I need an addy B)

J.

Yes the light orange ones work well for steelhead in a size 12 here in Ontario Canada.

Jeremy

Guest Big E

Rockworm,

Rcvd your flies today. I remember how impressed I was with your woven swap flies and how you mounted them on the paper.

I think you've outdone yourself again and set the bar pretty high for us "put em in a altoid tin" swappers.

My mouth dropped when I got the box open. My hat is off to you.

Thanks for the extra...I gotta find a special place for this.

Guest Big E

Professori and Cencalfly...received both of your set of flies today...sweetness. I'm dying to get the DH Chiro out and see how it does. The WD40 is one of my favorite standbys so this will definately see some action...hopefully this coming weekend.

Thanks for the extras as well...much appreciated.

Guest Big E

Rcvd flies today from Brian Meyers....nice traditional chiros...you sure that's a #14 though....sure look at lot smaller than that.

What did you use for the body as I would like to tie up some of those for my box. I think they will hammer the trout here.

Thanks also for the extras...very nice.

Just finished getting mine toe-tagged and packaged up. 47b20s0.gifThey'll be in the mail tomorrow morning. Laie_13.gif Thanks again Eric for hosting this sweet swap!!clap.gif

Rcvd flies today from Brian Meyers....nice traditional chiros...you sure that's a #14 though....sure look at lot smaller than that.

What did you use for the body as I would like to tie up some of those for my box. I think they will hammer the trout here.

Thanks also for the extras...very nice.

I think I should have written size 16 not 14 on the tags. They are a generic scud hook from an ebay vendor and all his hooks tend to run on the short side. If you think they are small you should see the 18`s, I needed my glasses and a clamp on magnifing glass to tie the one`s I send. Your eye sight does just not improve with age. As for the bodies they are just 8/0 Uni black thread ribbed with Holographic fuchsia H2O flash from Fly Tyers Dungeon then coated with Sally Hanson Hard as Nails. The thorax is a single strand of peacock herl and a Black Nickel plated brass bead at the head. I believe the original pattern calls for a body of black flash ribbed with red flash. I have never really used midges but would like to change that this year, need to find more places to fish for trout around here that doesn`t require an hours drive. When I lived in New Jersey ( where I grew up) I was spoiled with having a trout stocked river for my back yard ( Musconetcong river which at that time still held a few spots with natural reproducing brookies that were quickly cleaned out when found). I also had the South Branch of the Raritan river 15 mins away which included the Ken Lockwood Gorge ( fly only ), both had plenty of public access unlike Lancaster PA where I currently live. Most of the water around here gets too warm for trout come summer, the couple that don`t are pretty well cleaned out by then and the few fish left suffer through the summer/ early fall months. Glad you liked the flies.

flies will go in the mail today

swapmeister: i added a few extra flies. PLEASE KEEP THE EXTRAS! ;) :D