Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TOM PRUETT

FLY TYERS OF THE WORLD

Iam looking at getting the set does anyone have it AND do you like it ???!!!!

What is it?

I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds cool.

Iam looking at getting the set does anyone have it AND do you like it ???!!!!

I don´t have it but BUY ONE!!!!!!

I looked in many places different pictures and articles and i think is a necesary book, but fot technichs and metrials (if you want it) i prefer LISTEN TO THE RIVER (Vol I or II).

The money is there for it

http://www.virtual-nymph.com/index.php?opt...2&Itemid=26

Check out the The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference. Should be able to get it for $60. The set you are looking at looks like good stuff, but I guess it just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

In my opinion, because you are relatively new to tying, don't spend $325 on one or two books. Spread the $$ out and get several excellent other books, likes Craven's "Basic Fly Tying", Leeson and Schollmeyer's "Benchside INTRODUCTION to fly tying" and even their "Benchside Reference" if you want, and "Clouser's Flies", and perhaps a few others. Use whatever $$ you have left over to buy some new materials or tools you will need, or even a few DVDs.

In my opinion, because you are relatively new to tying, don't spend $325 on one or two books. Spread the $$ out and get several excellent other books, likes Craven's "Basic Fly Tying", Leeson and Schollmeyer's "Benchside INTRODUCTION to fly tying" and even their "Benchside Reference" if you want, and "Clouser's Flies", and perhaps a few others. Use whatever $$ you have left over to buy some new materials or tools you will need, or even a few DVDs.

I really think the same.

Great words!

TOM,

Those suggestions are great, and if you want a good look at different flies from tiers all over the world go to:

Fly Tiers Page

You'll find a full array of patterns from everywhere, and it's free.

There is also a great fly tying database, here as well.

Mark