Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

"Sweet Justice"

Had to post a pic of this one because the new photo booth I built is working out great for rod pics, plus the rod I just finished for a customer is pretty cool so figured I'd share that as well.This rod is a rod a group of guys that went in on it together as a "thank you" to their Lawyer friend for the use of his cabin. I was pretty much given free artistic design and just told it should be a 5wt and they'd like the "Scales of justice" incorporated into the build some where. They should have known better than to give me free reign to do what I want hehe. Blank is a Amtack 9' 5wt 2pc Matte black blank. The reel seat & butt are some pretty heavily burled maple with some birds eye in them. Seat hardware is BUL5 Nickle Silver hardware and grip is rev half wells. Wraps are Brown/Black Classic twist, with antique gold trim and multiple single turn metallic silver trim. Added some inscriptions over about a 6" long base layer of black thread and a few other details as well such as some Jungle cock feather inlays and Diamond II finish over the seat insert.

justice1.jpg

justice2.jpg

justice3.jpg

justice4.jpg

justice5.jpg

Steve

WOW!!!!! Amazing work, Steve Clark!!!!

Hope this guy is a prosecutor...would hate to see such a great rod wasted on a "defense" attorney...HA! All kidding aside, I'm sure he will cherish it! I certainly would!

Steve,

We couldn't be happier with this piece of art. As you mentioned, the rod is a gift to our friend who lost his dad a few years back. He was a good man and one of those lawyers who actually did a lot of good in his day without the big paycheck to show for it. Thanks again

Dan

Steve,

You sir are a true artist... very nicely done! Please send a PM for a 9' 4 wt.

Regards,

- Charlie

Another amazing rod my friend, but I wouldnt expect anything less outta you :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :bugeyes: