Fly Tying
Bryan Wright

Clear Cure Goo

Hi Bryan

I have not used it but have heard some goos reports about it. I can think of many applications that I could use it on................building up the femur on legs is one.

Mike................................ B)

I just got some and so far I love it. Easy to use, too. There is about a 1 fly learning curve to it. So far I've made 'glass' heads on decievers, coated crease flies, made scud backs, glued feather claws on crab patterns, made some surf candies...

I got a defective light when I ordered the kit and I can't say enough good things about the customer service. Brian from CCG was willing to bend over backwards to make it right.

I've read some borderline observations/complaints about the residue left over on the fly once it's been cured, but it wipes right off with rubbing alcohol or gets covered up if you top coat with Hard as Nails or something like that. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell - and it's not strong...just not terribly pleasing to me, I guess...It won't stop me from ordering more as my supplies run down, though.

Get some. I think you'll like it.

There are several alternatives, one of the latest is bug-bond & as well as being very quick drying with a u.v. source it's completely tack free www.bug-bond.moonfruit.com

Sorry deesox, now corrected.

There are several alternatives, one of the latest is bug-bond & as well as being very quick drying with a u.v. source it's completely tack free www.bug-bond.com

Thanks Arkle the web address is www.bug-bond.moonfruit.com and here is an example of a realistic from the vise of Johan Put from the Netherlands... legs, eyes and wingcases!

P6200012.JPG

I have tried it at the Spring Show- Newark. It is quick, clean an fast do use it. A very interesting material and a lot of possibilities when using it.

Andrés.

I have tried it at the Spring Show- Newark. It is quick, clean an fast do use it. A very interesting material and a lot of possibilities when using it.

Andrés.

Cheers Andrés, I think I better start a new thread rather than have this hijacked...

Since learning about Clear Goo, and having experimented with it quite a bit, I am amazed at how useful this stuff is. Has changed my approach to tying several patterns. Tying mostly for saltwater, this stuff is great for adding strength and durability to a fly when added in small amounts throughout the tying process, as well as the more traditional use as a topcoat. I have used it in the thick, thin, brushable, and flexible forms, for a variety of effects. And Brian is an awesome guy to deal with as well.