Fly Tying
FishyboY

Anyone like the adjustable tension Dr. Slicks

I have over a dozen pairs of scissors, I like these because I can adjust the tension based on the flies I'm tying. If I'm tying simple and high volume flies, I loosen them up so they snip quick, if I'm tying precision dry flies, then I tighten them up a bit and they cut right to the tip. If I had only one pair of scissors, these would be the ones I would use.

This will be the only and last pair of scissors you'll probably need. I have had a pair for 10 years and they are still cutting as they did when new. Great for fine work or trimming hair, they are adjustable, tungsten and have wire cutters below the blades.

Scissors

This will be the only and last pair of scissors you'll probably need. I have had a pair for 10 years and they are still cutting as they did when new. Great for fine work or trimming hair, they are adjustable, tungsten and have wire cutters below the blades.

Scissors

Old Hat,

Do they self-sharpen somehow? Do you have to be careful with them to have that kind of longevity? I'm new to tying, and I find that I can be unintentionally abusive to my scissors. I'm probably going to have to get a new one soon, and I haven't been tying long :(.

check jsflyfishing ad on the sissors it says list $20.00 -your price $23.?? you save xxx amount

get closer to your monitor - it says List Price: $28.00

Your Price: $23.78

You Save: 15.07%

i just ended up gettting the dr. slick 3 1/2 inch prisms. they rocked earlier and then for the fine stuff i got the sixth finger scissors.