Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smokinprice

You never know who maybe lurking

Is the mouth low enough for a sucker? Looks more like a chub.

Deeky is the winner. It is a rather large creek chub that came out of the water several times and fought like crazy. He took line off the reel like a dozen or more times. Took me a few minutes to get him in.

I thought it was a chub too. But then the lips did look a little different. so therefore I thought it was a sucker. But that's a big chub.

well Jeff as my buddy would say bigger the bait bigger the catch so strap that big ole chub on a trebble hook and a milk jug and catch a whale of a pike :hyst: nice catch they always add some fun and usually scare the bejesus out of you when they hit in non trout water lol

You never know who maybe lurking and waiting to smash your fly.....

Looks like a fallfish.

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/fallfish.html

That's what I was going to say! Nice Fallfish. They hit flies readily and get bigger also.

Oh well creek chub/fall fish they all seem the same to me. Whatever it is it hit like a freight train and fought hard

If this fish was caught in my part of the world(Berkshire England) I would say it was a Chub and a good one at that I have caught them from the Avon at odd times and they will readily take a fly or Nymph and on the dog of the day in high summer can give some good sport.Nice fish well done