Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JSzymczyk

Genny Cream Ale

Genesee Cream Ale is some damn good beer... best thing to come from Rochester next to our own Oatka's flies. Gotta say, I hope I can find it at home.

HA!

So, did you end up getting a tour, or just a trip to the grocery store?

More cold and rain, go catch some salmon while you're here!!! (i'm stuck at work!)

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the good old days Genny Screamers......

SANDFLYX..COULD BE THE WATER BUT I THINK EVERYONE GET THE RUNS FROM IT :hyst: :hyst:

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the good old days Genny Screamers......

You can say that again. Back when you could still buy beer at 18. Genny screamers, Miller in quart bottles since it tasted better than the 12 ounce ones, you just had to drink it faster before they warmed up too much towards the bottom. Molson's beer or Red ale, or maybe Rolling Rock every now and then. Cruising around on back roads and finding good pull-offs to drink & party during the warmer months. Gas was between 56 cents and a buck a gallon, so it didn't take that much for a nice afternoon to travel about, even with a small block 350 V8 engine under the hood. Under the dash stereo & cassette players with an equalizer booster hooked up to three way speakers in the back to really crank up the sound. Seems like a lifetime ago now...

Regards,

Mark

:wallbash: I' ve been drinking genny since 1966. It' the best. I think your confusing it with Coors. And forget Bud. :headbang:

Screamers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!! I grew up in Medina, NY just west of Rochester and with the drinking age of 18 back then it was party time, heck from 15 on was party time since we all had older brothers, who would buy it for you.

Miller pony's with the label off and the cops though you were drinking cream soda or ginger ale. Never did get stopped, guess we were just plain lucky.

Fatman

My god I'm having reacurrances........cassettes, equizers, cruisin, smokin, drinkin, bar hoppin.. :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

aaaaahhhhhhhhh and let not forget when we didnt have enough money...peils/schlitz/utica club or even a good cold PBR

aaaaahhhhhhhhh and let not forget when we didnt have enough money...peils/schlitz/utica club or even a good cold PBR

or boones farm stawberry hill wine, or 20/20 madgog........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........

or boones farm stawberry hill wine, or 20/20 madgog........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........

and then came along the Big Bear 40oz...$1.49 before the nickel deposit

Genny Cream Ale was my first beer ever...gave me the runs, too. Honestly, I can finish my life without another one. It was okay, but there is so much better to be had for the same money.