Fly Tying

"OK" start tying flies

Steve (steeldrifte) wanted me to make him a display box so he could sell flies at the up coming Midwest Fly Fishing Expo.

I had never made a box to display flies before, so I hope the outcome is up to his standards.

114 compartments, frame of solid white oak, 1/4 inch plywood dividers, and a hard board bottom.

Here it is so start tying Steve :whistle:

flydisplaybox.jpg

I was just winging it on this one, but the next one I will make a aromatic red cedar frame and I might even sit down and draw up some plans :dunno:

Well Steve will have to have his tying up to par to match your work on the display case...nice work there OSD! :thumbsup:

Boynabubble - just noticed where you are from. I was just out last week - stayed in Sturgis and hunted around Vale. Glad to see another South Dakotan on here. There aren't many of us.

OSD - Nice work. The cedar would be beautiful, would frame the flies nicely and draw a little extra attention. Very nice.

Deeky

Boynabubble - just noticed where you are from. I was just out last week - stayed in Sturgis and hunted around Vale. Glad to see another South Dakotan on here. There aren't many of us.

OSD - Nice work. The cedar would be beautiful, would frame the flies nicely and draw a little extra attention. Very nice.

Deeky

Deeky,

Next time you are out this way PM me. Maybe we can do a little fishing in the hills.

OK

This was my next attempt to make a fly sales display box

The frame is made of aromatic Red Cedar

the box has 88 - 2.5 X 2.5 by 2.5 deep compartments, It also has a Plexiglas cover fasten only with Velcro strips.

I made the box so it sets up on a angle, as to let the customers access the back compartments easier.

This box will most likely be filled with flies for the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo and be at Steve's and my table.

flyboxdisplay.jpg