Fly Tying
patrick carroll

Any interest in a gurgler swap?

The ' gurgler swap" is moving right along, we now have 13 tyers. There is room for 3 more tyers.

You people on the east coast must be holding your breath with this new storm. The rain has finally eased up , here in california. mother nature is flexing her muscles!!!

Got up early today to find out 22 inches of snow had fallen but what I found was 3/4ft snow drifts all around my house. Thank god for snow blowers.

We dodged the bullet here in DC (just north of); although the snow blower is ready to go.

Doing my gurglers for this in color groups of 4...have 5 down 8 more (currently) to go...

We got about 8 inches here in Warrington, Pa. My wife wanted me to shovel the snow so she could get the car out to go do her aerobics class. I said shoveling snow at a good pace can get the pulse rate up and accomplish the same thing. She said something. I said that shoveling snow was a major cause of heart attacks for men in my age group. She agreed to help shovel and skipped the class.

I love a smart woman! :yahoo:

Tim

Alrighty - my first year tying thanks to smokinprice who has also gotten me onto this site and in addition turned me onto this swap; which by the way will also be my first. Learned to tie gurlers early on and enjoy tying them not to mention their easy to get creative with. So, I'm game but new to the whole thing so....count me in but make sure you give me directions; got the whole tie up the designated gurgler numbers and send them to the host, what else so I need?

Thanks, Greg

glad to have you on Greg! Smokinprice is a good guy!

Alrighty - my first year tying thanks to smokinprice who has also gotten me onto this site and in addition turned me onto this swap; which by the way will also be my first. Learned to tie gurlers early on and enjoy tying them not to mention their easy to get creative with. So, I'm game but new to the whole thing so....count me in but make sure you give me directions; got the whole tie up the designated gurgler numbers and send them to the host, what else so I need?

Thanks, Greg

glad to have you on Greg! Smokinprice is a good guy!

Thanks brother I do appreciate that.

So Greg AKA Hufflehill comes over tonight with his woman. We decided to ring in the new year together. We work together and the women are quickly becoming great friends. Anyways, we were working on the flies for this swap. I dont know what the f%$# happened but as Greg can tell ya I couldnt tie a gurgler even after trying for an hour and a half. Sometimes you just have to quit while you are behind.

Okay, I am back in CT. How do I get the flies to Pat? I know in a box in an envelope..... I need the mailing address. Please.

Mike

o2fsh

I left you a message. heres wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

still getting rain and even snow, in sunny, southern california. local mountains look awesome!!

have a good one

pat carroll

several have suggested Altoids tins....And I'm eating them like candy now to get a few for swaps I'm in. My wife bought Q-tips in a travel pack that worked fine for sending flies.

for toe tags I made list with note pad,

Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon Gurgler by Yetavon

then print, cut the strips ,fold in half and hook them on the fly.

Darrin

I am in 8 swaps right now and I have a huge cup full of the mints...I couldn't eat that many in a year!!!

hope this finds you "gurgler tyers" doing fine. with the latest addition , we now have 14 tyers.

1.pat carroll - california

2. mr.vegas - nevada

3. foambug - colorado

4. The Yman - tennessee

5. o2fsh - connecticut

6. c. teeter - missouri

7. yetavon - north carolina

8. kayaker stan - new york

9. jack tjl - pennsylvania

10. smokinprince - maryland

11. hufflehill - maryland

12. flyderaght - ontario

13. fish-skeez - pennsylvania

14. Mowestflyfisher - missouri

have a good one

pat carroll

not sure if your swap is filled yet but if you have an open spot i would happily join the swap

glad to see you joining the fun!

not sure if your swap is filled yet but if you have an open spot i would happily join the swap

glad to see you joining the fun!

Yeah been looking for a swap for a long time but every time i found one it was full luckily i found this one :yahoo: