Fly Tying
flyfishing99

Santa bring any fly tying Tools for you????

I just got the other day a hardback of the river runs through it from a used book store :)

Mrs. Clause was pretty good to me this year, I got a bunch of C&F stuff, midge bobbin, hackle pliers, tweezers and bobbin rings. I also received the limited edition of Mike Valla's new book "The Classic Dry Fly Box"

Paul, I love C&F's bobbins (gonna' order another one here in a few weeks). I've wondered about their hackle pliers... I'd like to know

what you think after using them.

Mike

Hi Mike, I tied a couple of Adams' today and I like the way it held the hackle, but it is different than the English style pliers. The bobbin is definitely very nice!

My darling wife (AKA Santa) gave me a new Norlander automatic bobbin (my second) and a set of 10 spools :yahoo: I also got 5 spools of Pearsall's silk that I will be playing with soon.

Mike.

Mrs. Clause was pretty good to me this year, I got a bunch of C&F stuff, midge bobbin, hackle pliers, tweezers and bobbin rings. I also received the limited edition of Mike Valla's new book "The Classic Dry Fly Box"

Paul, I love C&F's bobbins (gonna' order another one here in a few weeks). I've wondered about their hackle pliers... I'd like to know

what you think after using them.

Mike

Hi Mike, I tied a couple of Adams' today and I like the way it held the hackle, but it is different than the English style pliers. The bobbin is definitely very nice!

do you have the rotary or the normal ones? I was lucky enough to get a hair stacker for $10

Parents got me a custom 10 Weight and a beautiful custom reel to go with it. :thumbup:

Now to choose between RIO pike line or Cortland Pike line any input?

Well sounds like some of you guys got some interesting stuff, and some of us are soon to get some cool stuff in the NEAR future.

I think I can hear my bank account crying from hear. :unsure: :devil:

Parents got me a custom 10 Weight and a beautiful custom reel to go with it. :thumbup:

Now to choose between RIO pike line or Cortland Pike line any input?

Well Wellman for what it is worth I got Rio and Cortland Pike Lines, though I have not got a chance to use the Cortland stuff, but I'm sure impressed with the Rio stuff, but the cool factor goes to Cortland with its red head and green running line.

I would like to try Guideline's Pike line http://www.guideline.no/?module=Webshop;ac...late=engWebshop

(I will admit to being a gear whore :whistle: )

What type of blank and reel you get Wellman?

Cheers,

FA85

I got nothing that was fishing or tying related! But, I did get an iPad, so I guess I can keep up with what's going on here & other sites when I'm away from home! :)

My wife got me an Oasis Chenile Stand to go with my Oasis dubbing tower and bench.

Here is the one I have, my oncologist gave to me

f422223ff8u8ull8389n9e3l3f.jpg

I got nothing that was fishing or tying related! But, I did get an iPad, so I guess I can keep up with what's going on here & other sites when I'm away from home! :)

I love my ipad. However, you can't load a photo to the forums. At least I don't think you can.

The blank is a Rainshadow RX8.

The Reel is unknown

NICE! :thumbup:

You could haul a beaver in with that fly chucking machine! :shocking:

We got so many beavers in one of the ponds that I fish, that you got to fish around them. :crazy: :cursing:

(Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll give it back now. :P )

Cheers,

FA85

Santa had just bought himself a new Renzetti Traveller, so Mrs. Claus never got him anything else. ;)

However, just before Christmas, I found a few fly fishing mags online being given away, and when she went to get them for me, the elderly couple gave me a few boxes of tying materials. A few old fur coats, a huge bag of Polar Bear, some deer hide, and a wide variety of feathers, synthetics and floss. I am set for a while now....

I got a new vice, its worlds above my other in quality from my girlfriend, also got the book "death taxes and leaky hip waders"..Also a gift from my girlfriend. :coffee: got a really nice reddington vest and some brown trout patterned sunglass strings...I always loose my sunglasses. great stuff! well only one was a fly tying tool...couldnt help it. :shifty:

I got some UV Ice dubbing from J Stockard (looks pretty cool) and a knife sharpener from wickededgeusa.com.

Update: Sharpened the kitchen knives today (12/29). That dang sharpener is freaking unbelieveable! Downside-- now I'll probably end up cutting off a finger.

Check this out, I didn't have room in the house for a dedicated tying area so I made this for myself for Christmas. The tying station on the top is actually the bottom drawer. I wheel it out of the bedroom and take the tying station out of the chest and place it on my computer desk. All of my materials are stored in the 14 drawers, I place a towel on the top of the chest and organized all the materials for the recipe I am tying. When done it takes less than three minutes to put everything away.

post-28886-1293606466_thumb.jpg