Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Popper Swap

Hey Popper swappers! I'll have some photos of the flies up soon. I'm going to wait until I get them all in. This has been fun. If I haven't sent my addy, please let me know. I think I gave to everyone.

-Dave

Flies are back in the mail. Told the woman at the counter what happened. She canceled the stamps right there at the counter so they could be re-used.

Hello Popper swappers,

Just an update about the flies. As of today I've received five set of poppers: C Teeter, O2Fish, Flon18, Nathaniel, and Netabrookie. Some have just been deposited in the mail due to weather. No prob if they'er a bit late. We all have other responsibilities that can take precedence over tying flies. I know this sounds crazy, but it is a part of life we just have to come to terms with. As soon as I receive the others I'll post some group shots of the swap on this feed. I may actually get an inch of snow here in the Galveston area. It may sound strange but this does happen down here from time to time.

PS. Can anyone explain outside of a laboratory how global warming can make summers hotter AND winters colder? The math doesn't add to me.

PSS. Go Pack Go!

-Dave

Hello Popper swappers,

Just an update about the flies. As of today I've received five set of poppers: C Teeter, O2Fish, Flon18, Nathaniel, and Netabrookie. Some have just been deposited in the mail due to weather. No prob if they'er a bit late. We all have other responsibilities that can take precedence over tying flies. I know this sounds crazy, but it is a part of life we just have to come to terms with. As soon as I receive the others I'll post some group shots of the swap on this feed. I may actually get an inch of snow here in the Galveston area. It may sound strange but this does happen down here from time to time.

PS. Can anyone explain outside of a laboratory how global warming can make summers hotter AND winters colder? The math doesn't add to me.

PSS. Go Pack Go!

-Dave

It's called Gore-ism. because Al Gore says it's so regardless of what historical data shows. I think he forgot that we were in a mini Ice Age from the beginning of the Dark Ages to the end of the Revolutionary War.

Hello swapper dudes,

I received three more sets today: rish5665, Andydoc, KayakerStan's. There's one more needed and they'll be in the mail. We have somenice takes on poppers. I like.

-Dave

Hey Swappers,

I have not received the last flies yet. Just got the mail today and they weren't in there. Has anyone experienced this before? This is my first. I've PM'ed Mr. Vegas about this. I open for suggestions.

-Dave

With the price of postage going up again, maybe he sent them by pony express or stage coach or something..... just kidding..... Getting older has taught me to have more patience, but I really do want to see all the other members poppers....... really, I do......tell yourself, just a little more time, just a little more wait, but.......I really do want to see them..............just a little longer........but.....

MINE ARE THE ONES MISSING :wallbash: .. Everyone knows how long it takes to make another set with painting and clearing and all. If you don't receive them by monday I really don't know what to say. I have successfully sent out 8 swaps so far so it is not like I don't know the rules :( .. I don't want to hold this up. If you don't see them tomorrow just go ahead and send everyones out. If they decide to make it to you just go ahead and keep them for being sooooooo... patient with me.