Fly Tying
MWl

Tying class tonight

I have my secon tying class tonight. The guys did fairly well in the first class. I am looking forward to seeing their homework flies. Also I have 1 new guy coming as well. Should be fun.

MWL

I hope your class goes well. What did you learn in your first class and then in the second class? My class, which I teach, begins the end of January and goes for six seeks. I have been teaching fly tying for about 35 years. I am curious as to what your class costs, how long is it and what are you learning? Would appreciate hearing back from you. Rodd Gunn

hey rodd, when your class comes tell me what they thought of the hopper/stonefly :)

I hope your class goes well. What did you learn in your first class and then in the second class? My class, which I teach, begins the end of January and goes for six seeks. I have been teaching fly tying for about 35 years. I am curious as to what your class costs, how long is it and what are you learning? Would appreciate hearing back from you. Rodd Gunn

Hello Rod Gunn, actually I am teaching the class. Right now I have 3 guys. By next week I will have 5. I am not charging anything. Most of these guys are friends of mine. I am doing it for fun. I have been tying for 39 yrs. For me it is just a chance to share some of what I have learned.

MWL

That is awesome. I don't have a lot of people around here in Nebraska to tie with but there is a club that meets at cabellas every week on Thursdays but I don't make it every week. I need to get back out there. Take some pics of the class and what your teaching I would like to see how my progression stacks up against newbies since I have only been tying to 4 months or so now.

That is awesome. I don't have a lot of people around here in Nebraska to tie with but there is a club that meets at cabellas every week on Thursdays but I don't make it every week. I need to get back out there. Take some pics of the class and what your teaching I would like to see how my progression stacks up against newbies since I have only been tying to 4 months or so now.

Thanks Bryan, will do I try and get some pics.

MWL

This year I hope to once again have about 12 tiers in our class. We split the class into beginners and "advanced". The advance are not much above the beginner level. I have pictures from previous year's classes that I could post. I am not sure how to post a picture, however. You may want to advise me on how to post a picture. Rodd

if they are big pictures you can email them to me at [email protected] and I will host them and post them for you. I will also send you the links so you know where you can pull them up online anytime.

This year I hope to once again have about 12 tiers in our class. We split the class into beginners and "advanced". The advance are not much above the beginner level. I have pictures from previous year's classes that I could post. I am not sure how to post a picture, however. You may want to advise me on how to post a picture. Rodd

I wrote up instructions here: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55331&hl=

Hello Rod Gunn, actually I am teaching the class. Right now I have 3 guys. By next week I will have 5. I am not charging anything. Most of these guys are friends of mine. I am doing it for fun. I have been tying for 39 yrs. For me it is just a chance to share some of what I have learned.

MWL

Thanks for that . Only been in fishing/tying for a little more then a year but people like you got me off to a good start!

When you click to reply to a topic, or start a new topic, just below the entry window you type into, is an area called the Attachment Editor. To add a photo (which must be stored on your computer,) just click on the Browse (gray) tab at the right. Browse your computer to your photo, and click ok. Then click on the Upload (green) tab. There will be a timer icon displayed as the picture is uploaded.