Fly Tying
JohnP

Soft hackle/Flymph swap

Here's what I am tying:

March brown flymph

post-20675-1297059772_thumb.jpg

Pheasant tail soft hackle

post-20675-1297059841_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. My camera and I aren't getting along this evening.

Flies are on the way...

I'll keep my eye out for them.

Have either of you two holdouts (Rockworm and Old Hat) decided what you are tying for the swap? ;)

I was sorry to hear that Sylvester Nemes passed away earlier this month. :( I guess it is sort of a tribute to him that we are having these soft hackle swaps.

I am tying a personal pattern called the "egg layer" for a soft hackle then I'll be tying the "Old Blue Dun" straight out of The Art of Fly Tying" and listed as one of Leisenring's twelve favorite for the flymph. I'm just about done so could use a PM for address.

I am tying a personal pattern called the "egg layer" for a soft hackle then I'll be tying the "Old Blue Dun" straight out of The Art of Fly Tying" and listed as one of Leisenring's twelve favorite for the flymph. I'm just about done so could use a PM for address.

I'm sure they will be fabulous. I picked up some Sawada Old Limerick hooks and plan to use those for my softies. Sweet hook. :headbang:

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I will be tying an Iron Blue Wingless (not at all like Old Hat's Old Blue Dun) and a Pale Watery Dun.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I will be tying an Iron Blue Wingless (not at all like Old Hat's Old Blue Dun) and a Pale Watery Dun.

Sounds great. If you change your mind, just let me know.

I received three sets of very excellent flies today, from Johny Utah, Kbranch and Trout Patrol. Great tying, folks. :yahoo:

Flies are ready. Please PM address.

Addy sent. I finished my flies last night, so it looks like this swap may wrap up early. :headbang:

Carl, your great set of flies arrived today. Thanks for the extras! :headbang:

Another amazing set of flies arrived today from Rockworm. :yahoo:

Thanks so much for the extras! One more set to go and this swap is done. Cool.