Fly Tying
wes917

Fly Tyers dungeon

i just got my package in a week and a half. pretty happy about it. i almost bought the same stuff from the fly shop yesterday bc of impatience. that one package would have cost the same as my whole order (which would tie a small school of baitfish patterns)

when I called I asked about the H20 twist cause they have been out of stock for quite some time. I love his product cause of the price rather than krystal flash which the cheapest I have seen it is $3.35 on amazon. He said his normal supplier has not been making it and has been sourcing a new supplier. He has found 3 other makers of it but having troubles with getting it made and being able to sell it at his low price. Just thought maybe anyone would like to know that uses it.

I ordered a few Christmas boxes around late Dec and just got them 2 weeks ago. Almost 2 months is kind of frustrating good thing my friends Ive met in tying supplied me with materials while waiting. Could say the products were worth the wait but definitely wouldn't buy materials from him if your looking to use it soon. Nice place for cheap prices if your getting low on materials and just need to restock and can afford the longer way.

has anyone called him and addressed these issues. When I get time tomorrow I will call him and tell him about this post so maybe he can help you all that are having shipping issues

I'v had a similar experience. I ordered a bunch of stuff in the middle December for tying in the winter and didn't receive it until the 2nd of February. I tried to email and call he never responded.

I'v had a similar experience. I ordered a bunch of stuff in the middle December for tying in the winter and didn't receive it until the 2nd of February. I tried to email and call he never responded.

Yes, that can be very frustrating luckly I called him and spoke to him a few times on the issue he informed me that he was very busy and that the "Christmas boxes" I had ordered should've been sent out soon and since the Christmas boxes are a pre Christmas item I didnt breath to much down his back because I did tell him when ordering a few days before Christmas it would be ok if it wasnt here before Christmas but didnt think it would take 2 months. I read somewhere else on this site that MANY have had the same experiences and read with in that the owner does this as a hobby or part time. If he only does this on the side then thats alot of "extra' orders to make up and get sent out on top of regular business so I can understand a month shipping time.

If he only does this on the side then thats alot of "extra' orders to make up and get sent out on top of regular business so I can understand a month shipping time.

I think it is totally unprofessional ! If your going to start your own business but you know you do not have the time nor man power to run it properly then I see no reason he should be in business, the things i ordered i need asap and now I have to go out and picked them up because I have no idea when they will get to me. Its just a shame I wish i would have found this thread before i placed my order, but i could be jumping the gun maybe i will get them in a few days.

I think it is totally unprofessional ! If your going to start your own business but you know you do not have the time nor man power to run it properly then I see no reason he should be in business, the things i ordered i need asap and now I have to go out and picked them up because I have no idea when they will get to me. Its just a shame I wish i would have found this thread before i placed my order, but i could be jumping the gun maybe i will get them in a few days.

Call him and see where your order is at before condemning him. Did you tell him it was a rush order when you got it? Did you check into what others said before ordering it?

I am a firm believer in customer service but if you are buying online you better do your homework before you lay down the plastic.

Call him and see where your order is at before condemning him. Did you tell him it was a rush order when you got it? Did you check into what others said before ordering it?

I am a firm believer in customer service but if you are buying online you better do your homework before you lay down the plastic.

I ordered because of recommendations from this site, though none mentioned a lag time in shipment. I'm ok with the lag time, so long as its conveyed to the customer. If his site said "it will take a month", that's fine I would have tried to anticipate other things I needed and placed a larger order so it could all come at once. I only started this thread because I hadn't recieved an answer to my email about when to expect shipping and knew others here have ordered from him. The things I need "now" I just ordered from J.S. last week. I'm not condeming him, just was wondering what others experience has been. I do think that a note or something on the website stating that shipping is delayed would be nice for first time customers.

I ordered because of recommendations from this site, though none mentioned a lag time in shipment. I'm ok with the lag time, so long as its conveyed to the customer. If his site said "it will take a month", that's fine I would have tried to anticipate other things I needed and placed a larger order so it could all come at once. I only started this thread because I hadn't recieved an answer to my email about when to expect shipping and knew others here have ordered from him. The things I need "now" I just ordered from J.S. last week. I'm not condeming him, just was wondering what others experience has been. I do think that a note or something on the website stating that shipping is delayed would be nice for first time customers.

I agree that he should have something on his site about the average amount of time to ship or he should let you know when it is going to ship before you lay the cash down.

But "Caveat emptor" is still the rule of the internet.

Longest wait has been 2-5 weeks...You realy have to look a the quality and quantity of material you get for your money...It's insane.

I order material in advance and order in bulk, I also order from JS, and others.

FTD provides a valuable service to the forum by providing high quality materials much cheaper than you can find else where.

I've ordered several times from FTD. Most come quickly. I'm waiting for two orders now, and i'll happily wait for them. The value of what you receive is well worth the wait.

I emailed him on the 25th after about 2 weeks waiting for my order. He stated that his was about 7 days behind in shipping, but that he would be close to caught up on Monday. I'm expecting my package today, I'f I had known it was going to take this long I would have ordered more.

Has anyone here looked into becoming a "dealer" through him? I would consider placing that large of any order and spreading it across several friends who tie.