4.Salmonid-received

5.bertgwen-slumpbuster-received

6.Mr. Vegas

7.fly tryer-congo hair brown trout pattern-received

8.professori-royal coachman polar streamer-received

9.NJL

10.Bream buster-received

these will be fun

I am going to love these additions to my streamer box its kind of limited now as I fish alot of streamers you can step acrossed so streamers don't get much use but I have a few streams I been wanting to fish harder this spring where streamers are almost mandatory with browns over 20 inches quite common

My old home waters were tiny Spring creeks with long, flat glides and cress beds where surface-feeding browns drifted underneath and carefully inspected the tiniest of midges or other "minutiae" in the drift. The fish, flies and techniques where Vince Marinaro's writings served as my instruction.

But then there were those cut banks, fallen old cottonwood logs and occasional deep, bend pools where the predatory old hookjaws holed up until nightfall, when they would come out of hiding and snack on the trout that had been taking drys during the day. I used to hook one on occasion, fishing blind to his lair with a black, brown or olive wooley buggar, seldom wrestling him successfully out of his home but usually getting a glimpse of his buttery flanks before he bull-dozed his way back into the cover.

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying, "Be looking for a conehead wooley bugger" in one of the above mentioned colors. And be sure to cut off your 6x or 7x and tie on some 3x before you swim these back into the dark water. And take note of the stout wire hook; it has been selected for good reason.

I've always thought of this pattern as a nymph; a helgramite perhaps, but the books all unanimously call it a streamer and it is fished thusly, so I guess it qualifies for this month's fly.

I am going to love these additions to my streamer box its kind of limited now as I fish alot of streamers you can step acrossed so streamers don't get much use but I have a few streams I been wanting to fish harder this spring where streamers are almost mandatory with browns over 20 inches quite common

My flies will be traveling, tomorrow, wednesday latest. I got them tied yesterday, just need to get to the PO.

robert

post-21899-1300938014_thumb.jpg

Mine went in the mail today. I tied rub a dub buggers. They're in the running for the ugliest fly in the world but the fish don't care if they're ugly.

Hook: TMC 5263 #10

Thread: Uni 8/0 brown

Tail: Barred Marabou rust

Body: Rub a dub in a dubbing loop

Weight: Tungsten bead

-Mike

I knew the mailman was bringing me some packages of flies today when I seen him towing a trailer but here goes

BB great set of missionaries I have never fished it but I will this spring looks great for the brookies

Crackleback them buggars are sweet and with that coloring is a great baby craw pattern and will find itself sticking bows on the Rifle for sure

proffesori great royal coachman streamer a fly no one should ever be without I love the addition of the flash

Student4ever these carrie specials are the bomb I love the look of the pheasant hackle

bertgwen these slumpbusters are SWEEEET I love the blonde color no one in this swap is ever going to be skunked with this in their box

salmonoid these buggers are spot on perfect for the leeches around here I actually went to the river with one just to check it out underwater I love it and as soon as the ice shelf melts this week I am going to go tease some steelhead with it

IBRB I got yours a bit ago and didn't have a chance to post about them sorry but trust me guys they rock there is truely going to be some sore lips from these

ok now the dull news I have yet to receive Mr.Vegas's flies for Febuary or March so I will wait till Thursday and then ship both months on Friday if they come or not April you wont have to send postage as I will send both sets in one envelope on friday and save you guys postage till april sorry all for the delay

I knew the mailman was bringing me some packages of flies today when I seen him towing a trailer but here goes

BB great set of missionaries I have never fished it but I will this spring looks great for the brookies

Crackleback them buggars are sweet and with that coloring is a great baby craw pattern and will find itself sticking bows on the Rifle for sure

proffesori great royal coachman streamer a fly no one should ever be without I love the addition of the flash

Student4ever these carrie specials are the bomb I love the look of the pheasant hackle

bertgwen these slumpbusters are SWEEEET I love the blonde color no one in this swap is ever going to be skunked with this in their box

salmonoid these buggers are spot on perfect for the leeches around here I actually went to the river with one just to check it out underwater I love it and as soon as the ice shelf melts this week I am going to go tease some steelhead with it

IBRB I got yours a bit ago and didn't have a chance to post about them sorry but trust me guys they rock there is truely going to be some sore lips from these

ok now the dull news I have yet to receive Mr.Vegas's flies for Febuary or March so I will wait till Thursday and then ship both months on Friday if they come or not April you wont have to send postage as I will send both sets in one envelope on friday and save you guys postage till april sorry all for the delay

Paul

have you thought of contacting Gaddy to see if he wants to step up?

Steve

(Fly tryer)