Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich mc

thicker silicone legs

Guest rich mc

where can i purchase thicker silicone legs for some of my bigger smallie flies. i have used most brand skirts and find them too narrow. starflash brand from bass pro were thicker and have gotten slimmer. musky spinnerbait skirts are just longer not thicker. thanks in advance for your help rich mc

I get mine from:

http://fishingskirts.com/index.php?main_page=index

You might have to go to a rubber skirt material if you are looking for a large size. That's what used to be used and it was larger than the newer silicone. You can pick it up from one of these companies or from a local bow hunter's store or supply house as they use it for sound dampening on the bow string and usually have a lot of colors for the guys to choose from. Before silicone was used, that's where I got what I have.

I had originally referred you to a different site but after a 45 minute conversation with the gentleman at fishingskirts.com I changed my mind and am editing this post.... he has some wide strand stuff right here. It is actually made from gum rubber (like a rubber band).

Flat Line Rubber

This guy has it figured out and his prices are awesome.

Trez, thanks for the link dude.... killer stuff there.

Steve

They are found at www.barrlowstackle.com under lure making. They not only have the wide cut but extra long ones as well. They have the thick cut in all kinds of colors stripes barbed wire etc..... The best selection bay far!!! And believe me Ive looked!

They are found at www.barrlowstackle.com under lure making. They not only have the wide cut but extra long ones as well. They have the thick cut in all kinds of colors stripes barbed wire etc..... The best selection bay far!!! And believe me Ive looked!

D5, you really need to check out fishingskirts.com I used to buy from Barlow's but after today will never go back.

Steve

Day 5 you might check out the http://fishingskirts.com link as they have like 500 different colors and styles and the prices are quite good. Your www.barlowstackle.com company looks quite good as well though the prices seemed a bit highter. Good stuff all around.

Guess we were both typing at the same time.........

I originally got the link from one of stippled popper's posts.