Fly Tying
moskito_01

International swap?

Count me in too! Sounds like a lot of fun. Great idea. I've never participated in a swap before so I'll have to count on you guys for advice and instructions!

smile.gif

CBS - In a swap, all participants tie the agreed-upon style of fly (in this case, a nymph). The pattern you tie is up to you; the only rule is that all the flies are the same pattern and size (i.e. all size 12 GRHE, for example). Feel free to tie a recognized pattern or something of your own creation. It would be helpful if all participants chimed in with the pattern they intend to tie so we don't get a lot of redundancy. When you have completed your flies, you will send them to the meister, in this case me, since you're in Canada. When I have received all of the participants' flies from North America (and the flies from Europe), I will distribute them to the North American participants, so each person will get one fly from the rest of the participants.

For this swap, the number of flies required from each participant (except moskito and myself) will be 14.

I'll be tying a variation of Whitlock's Red Fox Squirrel Nymph, size to be determined.

Hey Guys - CapeBSalar joined one person too late. Does anyone have any objections to letting him in? It would mean an additional fly tied by all, bringing the total to 15 per participant. If there are any objections, please feel free to PM me or moskito. I'll ckeck back tomorrow evening (Tuesday) and if there are no objections we'll go ahead...

Fine by me.

But other than that I would say that`s it. No more participants allowed after CapeBSalar.

Everyone who joined pm me or Kingfisher and let us know whether you`re in the US/Canada or in Europe. Jimmy wil have to decide on his own. ;-)

You will then receive the adress your flies have to be sent to, either Kingfishers or mine.

AND don`t forget to enclose the envelope adressed to yourself. No envelope, no flies; no postage on your envelope, no flies.

Andy

I'll be tying a bead belly nymph. Not the one shown in the database... Kinda supposed to imitate a bug with a air bubble.

Chucky

sorry guy I'm going to drop out now I have too much on the go but that will put you all down to the proper number.

I'm eager to swap when i have some more time

Everything sounds great guys. I plan on tieing a BH nymph I designed myself that works wonders on the local brook trout.

The only glitch I see is this....When I send my self addressed stamped envelope from Canada, it will have Canadian stamps on it, therefore the US Postal service won't return it to me.

This problem might also occur on the european side.

Can anyone figure a way to fix this?

Dave

I guess I'll have to go to the bank and get some US funds, 5 dollars US should cover it eh?

I guess I figured out my own question!

thanks guys,

Looking foward to this swap.

Dave

I'm pretty sure we can buy US postage at the Canadian post office. I'm just planning on inclosing a bubble wrap envelope and the equivalent US postage in my larger bubble wrap envelope.